Indians @ Sox 5/1--3:00 Central

Let's kick off the 2nd month of baseball with a win! If this team just keeps winning series they'll be fine.

Lynn on the bump today for the good guys. First time since his injury, hopefully he continues his stellar outings.

Mckenzie on for their guys. Let's light him up early.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Love 1

One thing is obvious: A team needs to beat their division rivals face-to-face if they are going to the playoffs. The Sox have not done that, and that is one reason why they have only three division titles in the last quarter of a century. It would be a good sign if they took this series.

I’m hoping they all got a great night’s sleep and wake up refreshed, healthy, and ready to have a great day. As 99.99% of Soxtalk posters do everyday. 😎

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

So I guess Grandad gets success for the Sox rotation being having the best ERA in the AL?

There are always folks lined up to share success. The line gets short when blame is getting passed out.

• Love 1

As bad as Grandal has hit, his OPS is higher than McCann’s. McCann has always had a problem hitting righties. He was great with the Sox, but I don’t think he is a 125-135 game starting catcher. He wasn’t a good framer until last year, but then he had what many are criticizing Grandal about. A problem with catchers interference. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It looks like he got lazy and allowed a 2nd run to score

Or confused. It certainly seems like he forgot about the runner on second. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

no no no, you got it all wrong. he actually just gets credit for giolito's rough start. Katz is the reason Rodon and Cease are great. Obviously!

to be fair Collins has been catching Rodon...;)

• Thanks 1