Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The guy is out 3-4 months, not 12-18 months. If he shattered a major leg bone or broke his hip, I could buy some of this. Hell, I'd be more concerned if he destroyed his wrist honestly. A muscle injury in his leg? Nope. Rehab and reconstruction, back as good as new. It's 2021. Guy will be patrolling the outfield with ferocity sooner than we know it.

Oh sorry Dr. Ray maybe you have not heard  that it is very possible that this injury affects his speed and that full details of the injury are unknown at this point. There were several pages of questions and answers from ptatc. However I do appreciate the optimism but definitive statements cannot be made at this juncture.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gusguyman said:

How the heck did you become a fan of all these teams? Did you just close your eyes and throw darts at a map of the US?

Right ? I grew up in Chicago moved to California when I was 22 but never changed my allegiance to the Sox, Blackhawks, Bears and Bulls. And to the Republic for which it stands...

When compared with National Football League (NFL) players, professional basketball players demonstrated a higher proportion of hamstring strain and adductor strain and a lower proportion of hip flexor strains. In NFL players, 63% of all strains were hip flexor, as compared with 9.3% in our study. Professional basketball players had a slightly higher incidence of hamstring and adductor strains relative to NFL players. Awareness of the most common injuries to affect professional basketball players can help with prevention of these injuries. Hamstring and adductor strains can be prevented by stretching and strengthening programs directed at these muscle groups. A study by Tyler et al demonstrated a significant decrease in adductor strains in professional hockey players after completion of a preseason exercise program. These players were considered as high risk because of decreased strength and abduction range of motion. Similar findings have been shown in soccer and Australian rules football., Identifying players who may be at risk for sustaining adductor or hamstring strains, such as players with previous strain or decreased range of motion, may be beneficial to prevention of injury.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4555488/
Almost twice as many hip flexors in the first month of NFL and NBA seasons, fwiw.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1629837-breaking-down-how-david-lee-is-playing-through-torn-hip-flexor

Edited by caulfield12

10 hours ago, ptatc said:

They know already.  They are currently trying to decide if surgery is warranted to remove tissue that is too damaged to allow the rest of it to heal. That is the decision.

They know but we don't that's what I am saying . You yourself said that if its the middle group of muscles it could be much worse isn't that correct ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They know but we don't that's what I am saying . You yourself said that if its the middle group of muscles it could be much worse isn't that correct ?

Correct. 

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This just breaks my heart. It makes me feel like White Sox fans can’t have anything special. I really really believe Robert would be the best player in franchise history. 

Hope he is doing alright - but this is right there with Drose acl in terms of punch in the gut as a fan. 

That said - Robert is young and a freak athlete - hopefully he will get through this and get all the way back to 100% and this ends up being a small blip on his way to greatness!!!! 

Can I just ask who are the two sociopaths who slapped a “haha” emoji on this post?  Genuinely curious.

33 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Can I just ask who are the two sociopaths who slapped a “haha” emoji on this post?  Genuinely curious.

There's a lot that going around. Unfortunately the laugh emoji is being used to laugh at people instead using it for laughing at a comedic post.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's a lot that going around. Unfortunately the laugh emoji is being used to laugh at people instead using it for laughing at a comedic post.

I don’t mind that sometimes as there are some posters here who deserve it, but hard to imagine what’s laughable about “I’m really sad, LR had amazing potential and is now at risk for long term injury, I hope he’s OK, best wishes for recovery.”  Regular laugh riot there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t mind that sometimes as there are some posters here who deserve it, but hard to imagine what’s laughable about “I’m really sad, LR had amazing potential and is now at risk for long term injury, I hope he’s OK, best wishes for recovery.”  Regular laugh riot there. 

Well I just got laughed at for my response to you so I guess depending on who is judging who deserves it then any post can be laughed at. Maybe someone thought you deserved it.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well I just got laughed at for my response to you so I guess depending on who is judging who deserves it then any post can be laughed at. Maybe someone thought you deserved it.

It wasn’t my post.  

Dear god, I wouldn’t whine about my own post’s treatment, that would be annoying.

For anyone that needs a little hope right now remember this. Last year we.....

1. Had EE at DH

2. Mazara in RF

3. Injured Madrigal and clumsy Eloy injuring himself.

4. Terrible and sick Moncada at the plate.

5. Terrible Robert at the plate second half. 

6. Only two starting pitchers. 

7. Nicky batting cleanup

8. A bad game manager 

And yet we still were in contention. If we can acquire a CF this season can still be a very good one. Pain is real right now, but if we won last year no reason to think we can't this year. 

• Fire 1

Just now, bmags said:

sometimes people fat finger it, it's really not something to get upset about.

I don't think it's fat fingers . Go look at any thread especially the recent ones regarding what the Sox should do after the Robert injury. Some think the season is over, some want a trade , some want to wait, all legitimate opinions, yet just about every kind of post there are laugh emoji's after them. Something to be upset about ? Maybe, perhaps not. But there does seem to be a preponderance of people with fat fingers or trolling responses for people they happen to disagree with from other opinions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

For anyone that needs a little hope right now remember this. Last year we.....

1. Had EE at DH

2. Mazara in RF

3. Injured Madrigal and clumsy Eloy injuring himself.

4. Terrible and sick Moncada at the plate.

5. Terrible Robert at the plate second half. 

6. Only two starting pitchers. 

7. Nicky batting cleanup

8. A bad game manager 

And yet we still were in contention. If we can acquire a CF this season can still be a very good one. Pain is real right now, but if we won last year no reason to think we can't this year. 

We also had Abreu and TA destroying the ball last year. Grandal also wasn't hitting .130. We can still win with this roster, but the veterans and leaders need to step up.

The White Sox have much more viable starting pitching this year.

I posted earlier that Vaughn and Yermin have covered for the loss of Eloy.

Now how do they cover for Robert?  Engel coming back helps but they need to make a move.

Grandal and Abreu need to warm up and the pitching needs to stay healthy.

If the Sox get 25+ starts out of each of the top 5 starters they will be fine. 

If Eloy and Robert are back in September good things can happen. 

13 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It wasn’t my post.  

Dear god, I wouldn’t whine about my own post’s treatment, that would be annoying.

I'm trying to understand your point of view. It's ok to laugh at someone and give them a laugh emoji if you think they deserve it. However you also think you can defend someone who you think got a laugh emoji unnecessarily. But the person who got the laugh emoji can't defend himself because it's annoying ? Very strange indeed.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm trying to understand your point of view. It's ok to laugh at someone and give them a laugh emoji if you think they deserve it. However you also think you can defend someone who you think got a laugh emoji unnecessarily. But the person who got the laugh emoji can't defend himself because it's annoying ? Very strange indeed.

I think it's just simply there are some very not nice people posting. They are sure there opinions are right and it's the only correct view and they feel better mocking those who disagree with them.

30 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's just an extremely easy way to troll. You click one button, and some people get upset by it. Posting about it will just make them do it more. Better off just ignoring it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I JUST noticed the banner. Well done whoever did that 😂

Edit: anyway we can make them Star Wars force ghosts?

That is good. I didn't notice it.

• Like 2