5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Just now, Green Line said:

Big boppers have not come through today.  Super dissapointing if they lose this game after the masterpiece Rodon pitched.

There is one big bopper in the lineup. That’s a huge part of the problem.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Rodon 

6 IP 1 H 1 R 1 ER 0 BB 10 SO

And might lose. Baseball is dumb.

I like how Steve and Jason were arguing about the importance of wins in the first inning and then Carlos throws a game that's the perfect example of why wins and losses are stupid.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Tony has nothing to do with this.  Yermin and Moncada couldn't produce.  

Im not a tony hater but him not pinch hitting for either Collins or Garcia in that last inning is inexcusable with better options sitting on the bench for both.  He’s asleep.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That's why you don't bunt in front of Leury.

Correct.  It's also why I didn't mind the earlier sac by Eaton with Moncada and Abreu coming up.  Of course, it didn't work.

Im not a tony hater but him not pinch hitting for either Collins or Garcia in that last inning is inexcusable with better options sitting on the bench for both.  He’s asleep.

I would have hit Grandal for Collins and then Anderson for Leuryif needed.  No hit and run with Eaton in an earlier inning also hurt.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Collins was bunting for a hit the first time...if he gets it down the third base line, it’s an easy single.  Just couldn’t execute.

Thanks, only partially watching while working so I appreciate that info.

On the plus side, the video team woke him up in time to appeal the Vaughn slide.

Just not executing with RISP.  It happens.  Carlos facing some bad Quintana-esque luck last couple times out.  Only that one pretty rough start, and, even then he recovered to keep the game within striking distance.

Just now, Capn12 said:

If Madrigal gets on, it has to be a.......99.99999% chance BHam bunts, right? We want to bunt bunt bunt!

I'm ok with that. Cause at least we have the middle of the order up. Plus Hamilton is a god awful hitter.