Lorretta's Lounge renamed after TLR

DoUEvenShift

This organization is so damn clueless, top to bottom. If we are EVER lucky enough to get rid of the douchcanoe in charge, it won't be fast enough. Sad that there are basically no owners of sports organizations I hate more, than our own owner.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Hey just the FYI better make sure no one goes into detail about what a scumbag POS reinsdorf is otherwise that's scumbag-bashing and you'll be forced to take a vacation from posting.

You think Jerry had anything to do with this?  That is LOL worthy in itself.  I really hope Renisdorf is not bothering himself with the details of what concession stand names are changed around each year.

17 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Suddenly?

Did you miss the 1990's?  

They used to garner bad press for being poorly run as far as the stuff between the lines. But they had an ear for the fanbase somewhat. Stadium build notwithstanding. Now they just routinely garner bad press, and its like they are completely blind to what the Sox fan base is caring about

Edited by Chick Mercedes

28 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You think Jerry had anything to do with this?  That is LOL worthy in itself.  I really hope Renisdorf is not bothering himself with the details of what concession stand names are changed around each year.

The fact that you actually believe that shows you don't have even the slightest understanding about running an operation that employs other people.  

Yes, the first thing you should pay attention to is your own employees and the way they are treated, and the way they interact with the customer and the way the customer sees your operation through their actions.  There is also a going to be a clearance / approval process that ends with him.  So whether he okayed it or someone below him did, whoever okayed this should go kick rocks.  And regardless it's proof he's doing a shitty job himself.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

9 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

The fact that you actually believe that shows you don't have even the slightest understanding about running an operation that employs other people.  

Yes, the first thing you should pay attention to is your own employees and the way they are treated, and the way they interact with the customer and the way the customer sees your operation through their actions.  There is also a going to be a clearance / approval process that ends with him.  So whether he okayed it or someone below him did, whoever okayed this should go kick rocks.  And regardless it's proof he's doing a shitty job himself.

You attack me but then at the end of the paragraph you implicitly agree with me, lol.  He probably had somebody below him okay this.  We both agree on that.  I don't think that person needs to go kick rocks, and you do.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Whether or not he gets involved to that level of control, fairly safe bet he knows what is going on just as a curious person about what’s going on at a “Sox park”. Just while he’s sitting in a suite relaxing and talking, you gotta believe somebody wants to be the one to tell him the latest scuttlebut. ‘Hey J, they are renaming that Lorreta concession stand, how about that?’

39 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You attack me but then at the end of the paragraph you implicitly agree with me, lol.  He probably had somebody below him okay this.  We both agree on that.  I don't think that person needs to go kick rocks, and you do.

I am not sure how you can possibly read what I wrote and then believe I agree with you on anything.

The guy in charge of everything probably should read his own company memos, don't ya think?

When a section of the park gets renamed, that's probably covered in one of those memos, don't ya think?

A guy who reads the memos and is in power to override any decision and actually gives a fuck about the topic would get involved and override the decision, don't ya think?

Again, it's obvious you don't have any idea how any business owner runs their business.  Like the guy who has to meddle in a managerial hire all the way down to the director of analytics or whatever, and who has to look at the financials on absolutely everything down to the point of trading INTL bonus cash to save a few bucks on a player buyout, isn't going to read his own memos.  Right.

Keep carrying that water.

5 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I am not sure how you can possibly read what I wrote and then believe I agree with you on anything.

The guy in charge of everything probably should read his own company memos, don't ya think?

When a section of the park gets renamed, that's probably covered in one of those memos, don't ya think?

A guy who reads the memos and is in power to override any decision and actually gives a fuck about the topic would get involved and override the decision, don't ya think?

Again, it's obvious you don't have any idea how any business owner runs their business.  Like the guy who has to meddle in a managerial hire all the way down to the director of analytics or whatever, and who has to look at the financials on absolutely everything down to the point of trading INTL bonus cash to save a few bucks on a player buyout, isn't going to read his own memos.  Right.

Keep carrying that water.

The owner of the White Sox is not getting memos on the various updates to the names of the concession stands.  I can't even believe that you'd think otherwise, its mind boggling to me.  If you think that every business owner of companies with thousands of employees is getting memos sent to his desk about details that small, I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.

By the way, I'd say Director of Analytics is just a bittttt higher up on the priority list of issues that he would be expected to meddle in compared to renaming a sign in the ballpark.

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The owner of the White Sox is not getting memos on the various updates to the names of the concession stands.  I can't even believe that you'd think otherwise, its mind boggling to me.  If you think that every business owner of companies with thousands of employees is getting memos sent to his desk about details that small, I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.

By the way, I'd say Director of Analytics is just a bittttt higher up on the priority list of issues that he would be expected to meddle in compared to renaming a sign in the ballpark.

You have no idea how an organization is run. And will forever be an employee. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of whether this got re-named for an old drunk guy or anybody else, the point remains that this family had something taken away from them.

If you are naming something for somebody, you either tell them up front that it's temporary for x years, or you do it permanently. You don't name it, then change it without telling them.

There is a real monument to the women in recognition of her service in the park.  Something that actually notes her service not a non-descript sign that every person that ever saw it except for a handful knew what it was.  

If you are going to bash Reinsdorf on this topic....and there are plenty other topics to bash him on......you are 1000% in the wrong.  He named the Bulls workout facility after an employee.

When notified of this situation the White Sox acknowledged the miscommunication with the family and addressed it.

There really is nothing more to this story except to those that want to b**** and moan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh well, if a greasy burgur can be named after an obese player, then why not hang a sign with the name of a guy who had a DUI in an area where someone might carry a beer and sit down?

Fake outrage knows no bounds.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tray said:

Oh well, if a greasy burgur can be named after an obese player, then why not hang a sign with the name of a guy who had a DUI in an area where someone might carry a beer and sit down?

Fake outrage knows no bounds.

obese player? 

rofl yeah not really....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1