White Sox Win Game 2 of Trap Series!

ron883

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

someone on twitter was actually speculating they might have a bit of a bond because of their mutual troubles.  hey, maybe, who the fuck knows.

Can’t imagine the vibes with Eloy back...add Cespedes into the mix if they leave Engel down in Charlotte forever.  That’s not going to happen this year, of course, but I can just imagine Burger contributing this year and not being totally shocked.

Speaking of overcoming adversity.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

To be fair, Keuchel can be pretty shakey after 80 pitches. I've seen a lot of people here wanting Keuchel pulled around then typically. 

The problem was not taking Keuchel out, but putting the game in the hand of Marshall who stunk.  Doesn’t have the fastball to challenge hitters down the middle and got tagged with 2 homers.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I had no issues with Crochet going in the 8th, my issue was using him in the 9th. 

Agree.  TLR likes to keep Hendricks for a ghost 10th inning and we have gotten walked off in the 9th a few times with other than Hendricks on the bump.

Just watched the condensed game replay.

Jose looked like he was trying a delayed go for second thing the outfielder was napping...not even close.

Hamilton was just a bit shaded to RCF against Cabrera.  I’d say roughly 25% of MLB CFers make that play.

Edited by caulfield12

The ghost runner in the 10th rule is what causes Tony and other Managers to try to keep their Closer fresh to pitch the 10th - a  high pressure situation - man on second, nobody out in a tie game. There is almost no room for error.

So what if your Closer gets 3 outs in the 9th but has to throw 15-20 pitches. Is he still the best option to pitch another inning?

The 10th inning ghost runner is a stupid rule  that  needs to go after this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So, uh, this happened:

Looking good!

ChicoPilot5.JPG

Yermin, don't be discouraged
The Man he ain't so hard to understand
Yermin, if you try now
I know that you can lend a helping hand

Because there's good in everyone
And a new day has begun
You can see the morning sun if you try

And I know, things will be better
Oh yes they will for Yermin and the Man
Yes they will for Yermin and the Man

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 hours ago, tray said:

The ghost runner in the 10th rule is what causes Tony and other Managers to try to keep their Closer fresh to pitch the 10th - a  high pressure situation - man on second, nobody out in a tie game. There is almost no room for error.

So what if your Closer gets 3 outs in the 9th but has to throw 15-20 pitches. Is he still the best option to pitch another inning?

The 10th inning ghost runner is a stupid rule  that  needs to go after this season.

They should really keep him in case of the 11th

7 hours ago, hankchifan said:

The problem was not taking Keuchel out, but putting the game in the hand of Marshall who stunk.  Doesn’t have the fastball to challenge hitters down the middle and got tagged with 2 homers.

Marshall is not a good reliever by any stretch of the imagination but If I'm remembering right had been unscored on in his last 5 outings. The guy has to pitch when the Sox need to cover 3 innings sometimes. The Sox just don't have a reliable BP . Thems just the facts. Some times someone, because you don't have better a relief pitcher on your 26 man roster ,has to pitch . That can be true of Foster, Marshall, Heuer and Ruiz any time you bring any one of them into the game.

Our best relievers are Hendrix, Kopech and Crochet, our closer  and 2 guys on innings limits. That's 1 guy who starts occasionally so he can't be used as much in short relief and another guy who's a rookie and has had injuries  that have prohibited him from pitching more than 65 innings in each of the last 3 years or so.

After that it's Bummer and Ruiz if you go by ERA. The other 3 guys have 6+ ERA. So pick your poison.