Giolito has thoughts about Donaldsons comments

Heads22

I saw some story from Outkick? written by some clown insinuating that Donaldson was being a man's man by confronting him in the parking lot and Giolito backed down.  I thought what kind of bullshit is this???  It's like they let anyone write on the internet. :cool:

On 6/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, Balta1701 said:

Well, the several hundred rpm drop in spin rate starting last week is pretty compeling.

Whose rpm drop? Lucas gets it done with speed differential. In case you haven't noticed, he's been up and down all year.

Long before the cheaters rpm dropped, Lucas was struggling with release point. He's actually pitched better lately.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Whose rpm drop? Lucas gets it done with speed differential. In case you haven't noticed, he's been up and down all year.

Long before the cheaters rpm dropped, Lucas was struggling with release point. He's actually pitched better lately.

Lucas Giolito's last 2 starts have had a lower spin rate on his fastball and slider than any game he's pitched since early 2019. He's in the "high drop in his spin rate" category. And it happened conveniently at the exact same time they started checking.

That doesn't mean he can't pitch without the stuff, but he absolutely was using. Figure out how to deal with that, because it happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, zisk said:

Others are out making a point of this today.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, zisk said:

The rpm drop is not true. They had a baseball guy on the score on Friday (forgot the guys name) he said Lucas's rpm since June 3rd is down by 94 and not 300 to 400 that people have been claiming. 

His location on pitches has been terrible. People are also sitting on his change up

22 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Well thats 5 k's through 4 today....not bad 

What's interesting about yesterday's game is that suddenly yesterday he's changing his pitching style to adapt to the lack of sticky stuff. Yesterday's game was the lowest %age of changeups he's thrown in any start since 2019 and the highest %age of sliders he has ever thrown in any game in his career. He was using the slider to get his strikeouts back now that he has lost some of the effectiveness on the changeup and fastball. It didn't win the game for him, but it might eventually be a path to doing so.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, zisk said:

Gio kind of sux and that's pretty compelling plus he's a big talker. He should have parked at IIT like I do. 

Both Gio and Kuechel have been disappointing this year. I wouldn’t mind letting Gio walk and just replace him with Kopech. Than try signing both Rodon and Lynn and a cheap FA option or bring up Stiever if he isn’t traded. Kuechel we may want to keep for another year just to see if he can get his act together. 

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Both Gio and Kuechel have been disappointing this year. I wouldn’t mind letting Gio walk and just replace him with Kopech. Than sign both Rodon and Lynn and a cheap FA option or bring up Stiever. Kuechel we may want to keep for another year just to see if he can get his act together. 

Just like that sign Lynn and Rodon . So easy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I know it’s not going to be easy but they should atleast try. I edited my post above. 

I'm sure they will try but if you were in the players positions if the Sox want them more than any other team then they will have to pay them more than any other team. I think certain players may allow room for emotional ties to a particular team that goes with the camaraderie developed, winning and not moving his family around. But in the end ,monetarily, they do what they think is best and that's usually taking the most money for the most years.

23 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think he stinks. He is just mediocre so far this year but he has the ability to turn it around. 

I agree. I think he's just having a bad year. 

I think the Sox have a better chance of holding onto Lynn than Rodon. Rodon has been very injured so he's going to go for top dollar, and I wouldn't blame him 1 bit. If his injuries are truly behind him, someone is going to get a bargain. 

I'd use Charlie Morton's recent deals  as a comparable and I think those are more than fair for Lynn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I agree. I think he's just having a bad year. 

I think the Sox have a better chance of holding onto Lynn than Rodon. Rodon has been very injured so he's going to go for top dollar, and I wouldn't blame him 1 bit. If his injuries are truly behind him, someone is going to get a bargain. 

I'd use Charlie Morton's recent deals  as a comparable and I think those are more than fair for Lynn. 

Money shouldn't be a problem.  Jerry saved so much money over the rebuild.  I really like to believe they will resign one. If I had to guess it's rodon. I don't know why just a feeling. 

2 hours ago, Sox80 said:

Money shouldn't be a problem.  Jerry saved so much money over the rebuild.  I really like to believe they will resign one. If I had to guess it's rodon. I don't know why just a feeling. 

They used all the saved money during the covid season. There's no saved money left.