GT 7/11: SOX @BAL, 12:05

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

Sox up a solid 8 on Cleveland now, going into the break.  

Great first half despite all of the injuries. 

This is the best the White Sox have been at the break since 2005. Bullpen still causes nightmares.

We have some good relievers that TLR needs to let pitch more than one inning once in a while, like when your starter only goes 5 innings.  I don’t understand Why Kopech could not go one more inning today, especially when we are at the All-Star break.  The man struck out all 6 batters he faced in this series!

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yes thank you. Imagine how annoyed we’d be if they lost and didn’t play again for 5 days

Yep...I was already trying to tell myself that it wasn't an important game and a 7 run lead was fine.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sure did.  Thanks baseball manager genius person. 

Sometimes the guy with fifty years experience has a sixth sense for the right move. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

I think the winning and losing pitcher should just be determined by the judgment of the official scorekeeper. Ridiculous Liam gets the win for this.

He was pitcher of record when Sox went ahead. End of story.

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Cease has given up 1 or more runs in the first 3 innings in his last 6 starts, he seems to always put the Sox behind early

I don't think he pitched poorly enough today for his fWAR to go under 2. That makes 4 Sox starters with an fWAR above 2 to end the first half. Rodon is the fWAR leader in the AL. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I don't think he pitched poorly enough today for his fWAR to go under 2. That makes 4 Sox starters with an fWAR above 2 to end the first half. Rodon is the fWAR leader in the AL. 

he didn't pitch poorly, but he put the Sox offense behind early -again- and it's a trend for him

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

He was pitcher of record when Sox went ahead. End of story.

Liam can get a win for giving up the lead pitching one inning while a starter can leave after pitching a perfect four and not get the win.

It's the end of story but not the end of ridiculousness.

• Like 2

Just now, SpringfieldFan said:

Liam can get a win for giving up the lead pitching one inning while a starter can leave after pitching a perfect four and not get the win.

It's the end of story but not the end of ridiculousness.

So who are they use they supposed to give the W to?? Cease?  No, because once the score got tied after he left, he is no longer involved.  Ruiz?  I don't think so.  Foster?  No, because he got the save.  Can't get both the Save and the Win.  The system they have makes perfect sense, but you do not.

28 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Foster escapes.  Holy Shit TLR tried to give this one away. 

How really would he try to give a game away. Honestly a real strange statement. The best reliever in the game blew the game. He has also pitched in every game this series. He used all his good bullpen parts today how did he actually try to lose this game? 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1