7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He should be, but LaRussa isn't even protesting the game, is he?

I am hoping they come back in one of these next innings and say it is being played under protest, but yes I am surprised we have not been informed of that yet. 

I have seen managers protest games in situations far less likely to succeed than this. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Honestly I'd love to hear the screaming for the prospect pool given up for Frazier on here. But it would be worth every player given up. 

they have no impact prospects, so trade whatever for the right piece

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

better yet let's count the number of times you mention the Tigers

So basically we should have zero sense of urgency, continue to watch this malaise set in…stand pat and just be content with getting Jimenez, Robert and Grandal back?

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Honestly I'd love to hear the screaming for the prospect pool given up for Frazier on here. But it would be worth every player given up. 

If we didn’t have a 2nd baseman option next year you would be correct, but we do. Frazier is way less valuable if he is moved to RF next year, and I am trying to think of this as a 3 year window.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Probably not. But I would have zero remorse trading any of these guys. That includes Sheets. Yeah cool stories. Don't care I want better players. 

Yeah, I like Burger and Sheets, but both are extraneous on this team.  They need better players now for the playoffs.  For the right player(s), I’d happily trade either or both.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If we didn’t have a 2nd baseman option next year you would be correct, but we do. Frazier is way less valuable if he is moved to RF next year, and I am trying to think of this as a 3 year window.

Personally I'd worry about next year this offseason. Get the best lineup you can on the field now and try to win. 

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Regardless, the Sox are playing badly against a good team.  Moncada’s boneheaded play is just part of a shitty game.

Pinch hitting Burger against Burnes was also a boneheaded move, as we know he can’t hit the slider or cutter.  Would have preferred the more veteran Engel or even Hamilton.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Sheets is hitting the ball pretty hard. 

Yes, I agree. You have to watch the games, not just look at stats to evaluate these young players. Now Burger...he is looking like Yermin during his precipitous  decline.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not a Frazier fan, think he’s a dude that tails off big-time down the stretch.

You would think so but he's not slowing down at all. He just makes contact. It's really a perfect fit for what we need. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Abreu didn't know what the count was. Rough series for everyone on the team, pretty much.

Gotta wonder where everyone's minds are with this sloppy ass play today. 

Just now, Baron said:

Personally I'd worry about next year this offseason. Get the best lineup you can on the field now and try to win. 

Bah, we could get the best lineup possible and still lose. Ask the Dodgers. This team should have a 3 year run before Giolito is gone. Yea, Rodon is gone, but Kopech replaces him. Lynn is here through 23. We can’t sell out for everything this season if it hurts the next 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Bah, we could get the best lineup possible and still lose. Ask the Dodgers. This team should have a 3 year run before Giolito is gone. Yea, Rodon is gone, but Kopech replaces him. Lynn is here through 23. We can’t sell out for everything this season if it hurts the next 2. 

I don't see how selling two players that don't really have a spot on this team as hurting season 2 or 3. Burger is never going to replace Yoan at 3rd base. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 1