7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

So we make 2 terrible throws in the bottom half of the inning and then Yoan can't step on home plate in the top half. I don't think we can be playing worse fundamental baseball right now. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

How did he not know that he missed it...?

He had just been hit in the back with the ball, he had a mental distraction a half second beforehand. All he knew was his foot hit hard ground. Then the ump called him safe. 

Yes he made a mistake. But the ump helped big time.

Just now, hogan873 said:

I don’t care if the umpire called him safe, he had to know he missed the plate.  CYA and touch the plate “again”.

Seriously, I don't give a shit what the ump says. If you didn't think you touched it, you go back and touch it before they tag you. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

He had just been hit in the back with the ball, he had a mental distraction a half second beforehand. All he knew was his foot hit hard ground. Then the ump called him safe. 

Yes he made a mistake. But the ump helped big time.

Yeah that's a situation where the umpire made a call and should have had to stick with it.

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

This umpire bullshit combined with the massive injuries around the league make it REALLY difficult to be a passionate baseball fan these days...

umpires freaking suck at their job, and there are no consequences for their terrible performance