Brewers get Escobar

chw42

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow...it’s really going to suck if Leury ends up being our 2B come October.  

I would have liked a trade a month ago but the Sox survived pretty well doing nothing and with eloy and soon Robert being back I think they now can absorb going with leury/mendick into the post season. 

Escobar is obviously better than leury and mendick but he too is a low obp guy while leury and mendick are low obp guys with no power :). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I feel like this is worth repeating especially if the earlier story about a deal dying early this month due to medicals is accurate.

And then he had like a 125 wRC+ for the next month?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

I would have liked a trade a month ago but the Sox survived pretty well doing nothing and with eloy and soon Robert being back I think they now can absorb going with leury/mendick into the post season. 

Escobar is obviously better than leury and mendick but he too is a low obp guy while leury and mendick are low obp guys with no power :). 

I’m not worried about making the playoffs, I’m worried how our offense fares against tough RHP in October with Leury at 2B and god knows who in RF.  The price for Escobar was super reasonable and passing on a potential 2B upgrade is just plain stupid IMO.  I’m not going to panic just yet given there is still time and other options, but my optimism is starting a wane a bit.  Just feels like Leury has some sort of spell on the organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Me too.

Escobar was the perfect fit.

After the FTJR fiasco every GM from here to Jupiter will be trying to fleece Hahn who has no business evaluating sports talent.

Haha the reason we are where we are is because Hahn can evaluate talent. He was a part of building this team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I only have like three posters on ignore and GradMC is one of them.  I highly recommend ignoring him.

He must be on the Hall of Fame list because I’ve never seen him post.

• Haha 3