7/31 CWS v CLE 6:10 PM CDT

TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

This team ought to be ashamed of themselves. 

Some of the worst baseball I've seen played in a long time. 

We've played 10 games against subpar teams since the ASB and we are 4-6 in those games. 

And of course, just as the bats start heating up, it's time for the pitching staff and the defense to take a massive shit on the effort. 

We are finding ways to look as incompetent as remotely possible in a division that is basically being handed to us on a goddamn silver platter. 

This is the singular best post of the night for those who are p'ed off at the loss. Says it all. Now who has the best positive post of the night?

Edited by greg775

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Because he has never had the arm to play that position…Vaughn should be there, if Eloy was actually not injured yet again.

Vaughn doesn't have a good arm either. 

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Who would you have pitched then?

I liked that they used Kimbrel there. Using your best when the game is close and the win probability is close is far more important than "saving" your best guys for a save (or not even a save), or not using your best in a tie game because you are waiting for a save opportunity. The team can score 1 or 4, the important thing is to keep the game tied/close, not fretting about a save opportunity that may not even occur because you put in your worst pitchers in the high leverage situation.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Flush it and win tmr.

Yeah, about that. We don't even know who's pitching. We also used half the bullpen today so we'll probably have to live with Lopez for 4 or 5 innings at the very least. 

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

I couldn’t believe the ABs they had against Kopech. Just bad all over those middle innings from the Sox

It was so obvious Mercado was looking for a fastball before he hit the double.  That was the turning point of the game.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah, about that. We don't even know who's pitching. We also used half the bullpen today so we'll probably have to live with Lopez for 4 or 5 innings at the very least. 

I bet Ruiz or Rodon go on IL and Lambert comes up 

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I liked that they used Kimbrel there. Using your best when the game is close and the win probability is close is far more important than "saving" your best guys for a save (or not even a save), or not using your best in a tie game because you are waiting for a save opportunity. The team can score 1 or 4, the important thing is to keep the game tied/close, not fretting about a save opportunity that may not even occur because you put in your worst pitchers in the high leverage situation.

I said the same.  Someone else said tony wasted him . I was disagreeing with him.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

This is the singular best post of the night for those who are p'ed off at the loss. Says it all. Now who has the best positive post of the night?

When your chewing on life's gristle don't grumble, give a whistle.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol whatd that man do to you

It must have been a lot.  

In reality it's that I'm tired of TLR playing an awful outfield that's costs us runs a lot (oh wait its actually been mostly Leury and Goodwin killing us game after game since the break). 

There are better options, use them.  

You can already book a loss for tomorrow bc our lineup will be 

Anderson SS

Leury RF

Abreu 1B

Sheets DH

Moncada 3B

Goodwin CF

Vaughn LF

Collins C

Mendick 2B

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

I couldn’t believe the ABs they had against Kopech. Just bad all over those middle innings from the Sox

I remember Kopech had a subpar outing against Cleveland earlier this year and gave up a run. I'm not even sure how the hell they did that against him today. They were laying off his sliders or fighting them off even when it buckled their knees. His fastball got ambushed by guys who look like they can't touch 98. 

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

It must have been a lot.  

In reality it's that I'm tired of TLR playing an awful outfield that's costs us runs a lot (oh wait its actually been mostly Leury and Goodwin killing us game after game since the break). 

There are better options, use them.  

You can already book a loss for tomorrow bc our lineup will be 

Anderson SS

Leury RF

Abreu 1B

Sheets DH

Moncada 3B

Goodwin CF

Vaughn LF

Collins C

Mendick 2B

I bet Sheets gets a day off tomorrow.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I remember Kopech had a subpar outing against Cleveland earlier this year and gave up a run. I'm not even sure how the hell they did that against him today. They were laying off his sliders or fighting them off even when it buckled their knees. His fastball got ambushed by guys who look like they can't touch 98. 

Anyone hear any trash can sounds that inning?

Just now, Sox80 said:

I said the same.  Someone else said tony wasted him . I was disagreeing with him.

I was with you. I think the confusion came in when I said 1 run (meant to type 1-2 runs).

The game was wild back and forth, putting in a stopper vs. Ruiz (or in the past Foster or Burr) when the game is tied. Kimbrel (or Kopech / Hendriks) are likely to keep the game where it's at, and let your team come back to win.  By putting your worst in because they are losing, whether it's 1 or 2 or 4 or 8, that's not optimal.

Pitch your worst when you are up/down 5-6 +, pitch your best when you are up/down 0,1,2. 

Just now, Angel Hernandez said:

Kopech, you throw hard, but that doesn't mean you can just throw a fastball in a good hitting zone. And his fastball doesn't have the movement of a Lance Lynn.

I’m not mad about him getting hit tonight. It’s going to happen.  His body language in his second inning sucked though. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Hernandez said:

Kopech, you throw hard, but that doesn't mean you can just throw a fastball in a good hitting zone. And his fastball doesn't have the movement of a Lance Lynn.

Sounds like you are talking to Kopech and then to other fans all in the same couple sentences. Dumb post. 

Edited by SoxBlanco