Sox at Twins 8/9, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

Just now, Colome's Hat said:

If this is the only hit he gives up, that sucks.  Anyone remember when Buehrle faced the minimum against Cleveland and gave up only one hit?  I think it was 04, the same game Magglio got hurt but not entirely sure.

He did that against Texas and then picked off the baserunner. Think it was Sosa.

Which isn't to say he didn't do it against Cleveland also.

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

If this is the only hit he gives up, that sucks.  Anyone remember when Buehrle faced the minimum against Cleveland and gave up only one hit?  I think it was 04, the same game Magglio got hurt but not entirely sure.

He also faced the minimum in the no no

1 minute ago, chitown87 said:

He did that against Texas and then picked off the baserunner. Think it was Sosa.

Which isn't to say he didn't do it against Cleveland also.

Yeah!  Remember that.  I swear he did it against Cleveland.  Buehrle was an artist when it came to that pickoff.

• Like 1

Just now, mqr said:

He also faced the minimum in the no no

I believe he faced the minimum three times.  Both no hitters, obviously the perfecto and picking off Sosa, plus the aforementioned Cleveland game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I’m not going to assume anyone’s relationships on the team, but it’s gotta be a boost to get all the guys you know back

There's still an AS catcher waiting to return in a few weeks! The team still isn't full strength yet!

But I'm with you. Eloy and Robert being back has to be such an injection for this team in the clubhouse as it obviously is on the field

Seby's putting together much better ABs than when he first came up. He's still limited, but he at least makes pitchers throw more than 3 pitches now. 

It's also pretty telling what the team thinks of Collins when he can't even get a start with Lucas starting and a righty on the mound. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

.600 xBA for Cesar on that flyout

36 degree launch angle was just a little too high. If it's a few degrees lower, it's probably gone. 

If Hernandez had this kind of batted ball profile with the old ball, he would have hit 30+ homers every year. 

Edited by chw42

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

the way eloy kept that fair i have never seen that on the south side in my lifetime.  maybe frank when he was running good but he'd have flipped a line drive, not a towering bomb like that. that was like a rafa forehand, just unreal wrists and timing.

Semien impressed me early in his career with the Sox by pulling his hands in and keeping a ball fair on an very inside pitch for a HR.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's definitely the best of KC's young arms right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being the best going forward

I'm eager to see how Lynch does tomorrow. The Yankees aren't an offensive juggernaut right now with their COVID issues, but they usually destroy inexperienced pitchers.