GT 8/20: SOX @ TB, 6:10 ESPN3/NBCSN

maloney.adam

20 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The FOD game and now this.  Can’t beat that.  He needs to be in strong consideration for MVP.

If he finishes with a strong September he'll get some top 10 votes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

And helped to vaccinate TLR from further criticism.

I will not criticize TLR anymore on this game.  However, I will recommend that he be given an Ambien before the game tomorrow, to help him nap and not make stupid decisions.  Let the bench coach manage the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Yes, I have.  He is on a losing team.  However, he is the favorite.  But Tim should be under consideration as well, as he will be in the playoffs contrary to Ohtani.

He could quit right now and win the MVP. I do agree that generally the league MVP is who carries his team to the playoffs, but Ohtani has had a historic year hitting AND pitching.

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He could quit right now and win the MVP. I do agree that generally the league MVP is who carries his team to the playoffs, but Ohtani has had a historic year hitting AND pitching.

Yes, I know. Ohtani is now the modern era Babe Ruth.  But MLB would love to showcase TA as the face of baseball.  Swag and all on a winning team and the hero of the FOD game.

34 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

It’s hands down Ohtani and not really even close. 

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

MLB would love to showcase TA as the face of baseball.  Swag and all on a winning team and the hero of the FOD game.

Win the damned World Series and get that MVP trophy then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Kimbrel vs Lowe or Bummer vs Randy

Should have been Kimbrel vs Lowe.  Lowe is hitting.235 and Randy is hitting .280.  Kimbrel is future HOF pitcher.  He can be taken out at any time. Bummer fails to get Randy out, he needs to stay to face some righties. Also TLR embarrassed Kimbrel by taking him out and threw him under the bus, that does not help clubhouse harmony.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Big Hoss Lance Lynn hasn't had a decision in almost a month, himself.

Our bullpen is the gift that keeps on giving.....up alot.

The Baseball Gods smacked Bummer in the back of the head yet again. Hopefully lesson learned and he'll stay silent next Spring Training.

Sox will have 22 blown saves after Aaron Bummer's blown save last night is updated on baseball reference, with the Sox 3 off the ML lead of 25 (Phillies).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/majors/2021-reliever-pitching.shtml