ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Good gracious, about 90% of you need to go watch the Bears Sunday and stop watching.  Ya'll act like McCullers is some bum that we should throttle.  He was on his A game today and kicked our tail.  It happens.  If it happens for 3 straight games, then gripe about preparation, desire, whatever, but this isn't a one game Wild Card game folks.  The two teams that played last night barely scored any runs either.  Give em a chance:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I don't understand the point of burning Crochet in a 6 run game. If he was going to come in, bringing him in for Brantley in the 4th was obliviously the time to do it.

Yep was an obvious situation to use him earlier

1 minute ago, fathom said:

now he goes to Crochet. Nice urgency idiot

Just now, Tnetennba said:

So burning more arms in a blowout?  Brilliant. 

getting him some work more like, Kopech will pitch tomorrow at some point.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't understand the point of burning Crochet in a 6 run game. If he was going to come in, bringing him in for Brantley in the 4th was obliviously the time to do it.

Crochet will get 1 inning to keep him fresh, he isn't gonna wait until the Sox finally show up in a game late to bring in a rookie

Just now, Wisebri224 said:

Good gracious, about 90% of you need to go watch the Bears Sunday and stop watching.  Ya'll act like McCullers is some bum that we should throttle.  He was on his A game today and kicked our tail.  It happens.  If it happens for 3 straight games, then gripe about preparation, desire, whatever, but this isn't a one game Wild Card game folks.  The two teams that played last night barely scored any runs either.  Give em a chance:)

It’s frustrating when the crusty old HoF baseball person continues to put the team in terrible positions to win and the players fall into the narrative that they can’t beat over .500 teams. 

It’s rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Right it is inexplicable. Sox are the only team in the playoffs with a losing record on the road.

It never made sense that they punted HFA, considering how well they play at home. I’d rather have a 80% healthy roster at home than a 100% healthy roster on the road. If it meant several of these guys playing through some nagging injuries, oh well. They have time to rest in the postseason. But by the body language and approach to game 1, they may be all resting pretty soon

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Good thing I didn't pay and go to this game. That would have been a waste of time and money. 

Luckily I have Covid and couldn’t go, don’t know what’s worse at this point

• Haha 1