ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Their offense is just too good

Home field may be really important in this series, but the Sox leader didn't think it was and didn't push for it. Why? I have no idea. But the TLR defenders will tell you that he knows what he was doing and how to get ready for the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, chw42 said:

So Andrew Vaughn not only ruined his own season, he also ruined Eloy's?

Multi talented future star, capable of wrecking multiple careers!

And...yeah. I f$%king hate this Houston team. But...they are more built for this right now. Pitching, definitely consistent hitting.

We're limping into the post-season with guys who didn't even play most of the season, pitching is riding on fumes and magic dust, slumps....yeah. Just hope we can show some life in game 2.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Multi talented future star, capable of wrecking multiple careers!

And...yeah. I f$%king hate this Houston team. But...they are more built for this right now. Pitching, definitely consistent hitting.

We're limping into the post-season with guys who didn't even play most of the season, pitching is riding on fumes and magic dust, slumps....yeah. Just hope we can show some life in game 2.

LOL, Houston has one really good starter and he's pitching today.

Get off the ledge everyone, my goodness.

• Like 3

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Home field may be really important in this series, but the Sox leader didn't think it was and didn't push for it. Why? I have no idea. But the TLR defenders will tell you that he knows what he was doing and how to get ready for the playoffs.

Exactly, it was an insane decision. Ironically the Astros are healthier than the Sox despite trying the whole season.

4 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I was really afraid of the game playing out this way. The Sox have played just like they have the whole second half. 

The fing Astros look like a team expecting to win this in 3 straight.

It's a must win tomorrow. 

We will see what this team is really made of.

Yeah, reminiscent of the Sox game 1 ALDS in 05, except opposite today. And we all know how that series turned out.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

This isn’t the time for moral victories or pushing the perception of Tony’s boys not giving up. Their approach to McCullers is showing everything we need to know. They think they’re done today. Throw out Cuckel to finish the game. 

6 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Second year of feasting on bad teams and struggling against good.  Expecting that to magically flip because it's the playoffs is a fools errand.  

They need to go out and fill those holes that the board has been talking about and for free agents that are really good and with playoff experience. I’m talking Kris Bryant level. Now will they do that is the question? That remains to be seen.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

This isn’t the time for moral victories or pushing the perception of Tony’s boys not giving up. Their approach to McCullers is showing everything we need to know. They think they’re done today. Throw out Cuckel to finish the game. 

Can't...even if he did exist

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Second year of feasting on bad teams and struggling against good.  Expecting that to magically flip because it's the playoffs is a fools errand.  

HFA was a must.  We overdid the resting, particularly if we don’t get by the Astros.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, I hope the Sox front office looks around at some of these postseason teams and sees that having the best talent in the AL Central is a hell of a lot different than having the best talent in the AL.

The Sox should look at every starting position player on their roster and ask would this guy start for the Astros, Rays, Doders, Giants. etc. Engel and Leury are resounding no's. Same (obliviously) goes for Cesar and he was their plan A plan at 2B for this year and next, which obliviously isn't good enough.

• Like 1