ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, 2Deep said:

Not knocking it but what was the thought process of starting Lynn v Astros in Houston.

He gets killed in Houston.

Again, just trying to understand.

This series is far from over but we really had no shot from the start in this game 

tony aint exactly an outside the box thinker.

• Like 1

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Yeah he’s been bad against them last couple years. If Rodon’s arm wasn’t toast, you could go Rodon Giolito games 1 and 2 but obviously was not an option.

We got the worst of all matchups today.  Lynn a fastball pitcher against the best fastball hitting team in the majors, and McCollough one of the best breaking ball pitchers in the majors vs a Sox fastball hitting team. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This game is exactly why I am surprised that Dallas was left off of the playoff roster.  He COULD be sucking up these innings when we are pretty much buried, and not using up other relievers that we might need later.

ReyLo could do that, this game is pretty much out of reach unless McCuellers starts sucking bad, highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This game is exactly why I am surprised that Dallas was left off of the playoff roster.  He COULD be sucking up these innings when we are pretty much buried, and not using up other relievers that we might need later.

Just depends on how much you value Lopez's 2021 vs. Keuchel's 2020 up until his last game of the season.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Not knocking it but what was the thought process of starting Lynn v Astros in Houston.

He gets killed in Houston.

Again, just trying to understand.

This series is far from over but we really had no shot from the start in this game 

I would have loved Rodon but they know how he is feeling better than us and they were never going rodon over Lynn. Sucks, but is what it is.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I don't care how many "LFG" posts you got, Sox are who they are and who theyve been all year

Lynn should've started GM3 on a tight leash

There is nothing better than a miserable person, who has to show his ass every time something miserable happens.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I don't care how many "LFG" posts you got, Sox are who they are and who theyve been all year

Lynn should've started GM3 on a tight leash

If they are who they are then they will get ass kicked today and come out and win tomorrow 

In series such as these, your weakest links are always exposed.

With CWS it's been the same old thing for 40 years:

The inability to build teams that compete with elite competition year in and year out.

As whiny as Jerry Krause sounded he's right, organizations do win championships.

As a testament, the Bulls haven't sniff a Finals in 20 years and in 40 years of this current regime the Sox made it to the big dance once as in one-hit wonder.

The problems are systemic. It starts with ownership and permeates through senior management. 

My bet is Hahn will get thrown to the lions when the Sox get excused early from the postseason.

Edited by GradMc

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Just depends on how much you value Lopez's 2021 vs. Keuchel's 2020 up until his last game of the season.

At 5-0, I am punting this game as a manager.  I would have ran Dallas out there for 100 pitches to save the pen for the rest of the series.