The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I cringe when I hear "integrity of the game", from both sides. 

Oh wow that’s brutal.  That should be an automatic testicle smash.  Either side uses that word, testicle smash live TV.  And maybe one of the vendors gets to do it since it’s his job that gets iced while both sides chortle about millions here and there.  

It'd be nice if the players wanting to protect the integrity of the game meant demanding the owners cut, not add playoff teams and demand the DH to be kept out of the NL and getting rid of the man on second base rule in extra innings.

But I suspect the players are out for $$$ more than protecting any integrity.

Edited by greg775

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

It'd be nice if the players wanting to protect the integrity of the game meant demanding the owners cut, not add playoff teams and demand the DH to be kept out of the NL and getting rid of the man on second base rule in extra innings.

But I suspect the players are out for $$$ more than protecting any integrity.

What does having 2 sets of rules have to do with the integrity of the game? It should be the same in each league.

47 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's not integrity issues, that's rules issues

Actually, it really makes no sense that MLB has different rules for Al and NL. Suppose in the NBA, the Western Conference had the player that is fouled take their own foul shots but in the Eastern Conference, teams would have a designated foul shooter for each team? 

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Actually, it really makes no sense that MLB has different rules for Al and NL. Suppose in the NBA, the Western Conference had the player that is fouled take their own foul shots but in the Eastern Conference, teams would have a designated foul shooter for each team? 

I agree it makes no sense and they should make it a uniform rule

Not as big of a deal in grand scheme of things, but last year was apparent the struggle to get game day staff especially when things started in June. Adding more uncertainty this offseason to an already extremely tight labor market makes me think (hopefully) April will be a pretty brutal gameday experience when they already shortstaff the stadium.