The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

They don't hate me...it just shows how disconnected they are from frontline staff...(And I'm not even technically considered frontline)

When I say "they" I mean CEOs and the board(the ones actually making decisions) not middle management. They hate them too. 

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Today is Employee Appreciation Day. Our directors handed out bags of chips to everybody saying we're all that and a bag of chips. I've never felt more appreciated.

Damn, y'all didn't even get a pizza party?

So if the luxury tax kicks in sooner, it benefits the smaller budget teams giving them more money to compete. The players want to stop tanking a have lower budget teams spend more and develop better teams. I'm wondering why the players are angry? Don't we want more teams hitting the luxury tax threshold and kicking in more money? 

51 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

They don't hate me...it just shows how disconnected they are from frontline staff...(And I'm not even technically considered frontline)

Well what kind of chips were they?

Paupers compared to the Waltons or Bezos. Plus if the owners published a list of the wealthiest players it wouldn't matter. 

Love the players chipping in to help. Great move. And publicizing it was a nice PR move.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the kid.  I wonder if it got divided up a bit after dad died?  I know they have quit spending like drunken sailors up there since he passed.

Forbes listed the family worth as $6.6 billion in 2017 so that has definitely been split somehow.

Oh look, the players are starting a fund to take care of stadium staff screwed over by the lockout, while the owners are squabbling with labor over minuscule costs like meal money.  But the players are the greedy ones and ownership deserves all of the spoils because of "risk"...

• Fire 2

23 minutes ago, Texsox said:

So if the luxury tax kicks in sooner, it benefits the smaller budget teams giving them more money to compete. The players want to stop tanking a have lower budget teams spend more and develop better teams. I'm wondering why the players are angry? Don't we want more teams hitting the luxury tax threshold and kicking in more money? 

Salary cap and floor is what this defines. 

Players are scared of that. 

Can't have it both ways. 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the kid.  I wonder if it got divided up a bit after dad died?  I know they have quit spending like drunken sailors up there since he passed.

I'm just looking at the Forbes valuation of 1.26B, would definitely have thought that it would be more than Arizona