2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@ChiliIrishHammock24 - Love the overall plan, but Quintana undermines it for me.  For this framework to work, you need to bump up the budget to $185M and get a better starter.

Yea, with $4M and one SP left to fill it was picking from scraps and I wanted a lefty. With even another $5M on the budget I could have gotten someone better but I didn't want to pull from that bullpen I built. 

But ultimately like I said in the write up, I don't think Quintana really matters in the end because the path to the playoffs should be pretty easy for that team and once the playoffs come around Quintana is a bullpen arm if he even makes the roster at all. He's pretty much the 26th man on this team so I'm not worried when you look at the rest of that team, especially the lineup. 😍

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

How much did he get last year?

1 year, $2.5 million

https://www.mlb.com/news/rich-hill-rays-deal

His 2020 deal with the Twins was for $3 million, but there were up to $9.5 million in performance bonuses and he was coming off of surgery that guaranteed he'd miss part of the year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/01/07/rich-hill-could-earn-125m-from-twins-homer-bailey-8m/40956961/

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I am with Chili on McHugh, I think he is one of the best signings we can make this offseason. Perfect spot starter backup as well. 

McHugh trashed Reinsdorf publicly when the Sox didn't call up Eloy. Not sure the Sox would go after him or may he wouldn't be interested in the Sox. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@ChiliIrishHammock24 - Love the overall plan, but Quintana undermines it for me.  For this framework to work, you need to bump up the budget to $185M and get a better starter.

The Sox win all of those trades handedly and the other teams would not do them.

• Like 1

I don't see much discussion about going after Story and moving him to 2b.  He will still be only 29 throughout '22 and before he bottomed out (hopefully) last year, he was consistently a borderline MVP candidate.  I know it's been debated here and I have nothing knew to add to the discussion but I see 2b as the place to target money rather than RF.  

9 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I don't see much discussion about going after Story and moving him to 2b.  He will still be only 29 throughout '22 and before he bottomed out (hopefully) last year, he was consistently a borderline MVP candidate.  I know it's been debated here and I have nothing knew to add to the discussion but I see 2b as the place to target money rather than RF.  

I think everyone here would be ecstatic with any of the top SS

59 minutes ago, raBBit said:

McHugh trashed Reinsdorf publicly when the Sox didn't call up Eloy. Not sure the Sox would go after him or may he wouldn't be interested in the Sox. 

I think that's fair that the sox would probably have closed the book on him, but, the guy has played for the Astros and Rays so I can't imagine he cares that much about service time manipulation.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

I agree the trades are definitely in the White Sox’s favor and unlikely at those prices, but I the overall plan could work if increase the cost for Marte, reduce the prospect return for Kimbrel, and kick in more money in the Keuchel deal.

1 hour ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Paying him SS money to play him at 2B the next 8 to 10 years seems like a poor allocation of resources.  I also don’t love the fit given his splits against RHP.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

Well that's delusional. No way are they serious about this. 

One guy over there has Scherzer for 3/$100, Eddie Rosario for $10.5 million and Kimbrel for Kolten Wong’s brother Keon, which will only annoy Fathom even more since the White Sox will never properly address 2B to his liking.