2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, bmags said:

A dolphin...a dolphin is not a fish.

Dolphins are in fact whales, or part of the whale family.  Scientifically, all whales, dolphins and porpoises are classified as Cetacea. And within Cetacea are two suborders: baleen whales and toothed whales. Baleen whales include the really big ones, such as blue whales and humpbacks. Toothed whales include dolphins and orcas, or killer whales, as they’re often known. In fact, orcas are the largest dolphins, growing to be about 32 feet (10 meters) long. Many dolphins only average eight to nine feet (2-3 meters) in length.  

So yes, orcas are dolphins, and dolphins are whales! 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You guys are soooo boring with your facts and everything.

The word fact derives from the Latin factum, and was first used in English with the same meaning: "a thing done or performed" – a meaning now obsolete. The common usage of "something that has really occurred or is the case" dates from the mid-16th century.

Just now, wegner said:

The word fact derives from the Latin factum, and was first used in English with the same meaning: "a thing done or performed" – a meaning now obsolete. The common usage of "something that has really occurred or is the case" dates from the mid-16th century.

:sleep2:

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

:sleep2:

Scientists still have not discovered why we sleep entirely. Researchers have been able to measure brain waves and find out a little bit about what is going on in our brains, but they still don’t know why sleep is necessary for humans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 9:33 PM,  Chicago White Sox said: 

Flash has already claimed that Burnes is the odds on favorite to win NL Cy Young next year, so I’m pretty sure he’s saying Burnes will outperform Giolito next year.

Thanks CWS. Thats exactly what I'm saying lest there be any confusion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flash said:

On 1/19/2021 at 9:33 PM,  Chicago White Sox said: 

Flash has already claimed that Burnes is the odds on favorite to win NL Cy Young next year, so I’m pretty sure he’s saying Burnes will outperform Giolito next year.

Thanks CWS. Thats exactly what I'm saying lest there be any confusion. 

I thought it was an insane prediction at the time, but you were 100% on the money with your prediction for him.  Too bad that rumored Madrigal, Heuer+ deal fell through.

• Like 1

Alright, if the Sox want to get aggressive per Nightengale’s tweet, they need to make major splashes in RF, 2B, & SP:

IMO, the dream scenario would be the following:

• RF: Michael Conforto = 4/$76M
  • SP: Max Scherzer = 3/$120M
  • 2B: Ketel Marte for Garrett Crochet, Colson Montgomery, Jose Rodriguez, & Jared Kelley (works per MLBTradeValues 😁)

You’d be clearing $200M in payroll, but damn would that team be insane.

What do you guys think?  What RF, 2B, & SP combo would you go for?

• Like 1

Am a Conforto fan and love Marte. Let's get em both. Of course any team would want Scherzer but at $40/3 I can't see it UNLESS, we can rationalize the positive impact he will have on the younger pitchers. Is he known for mentoring younger pitchers or mostly just for being an individual contributor?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, if the Sox want to get aggressive per Nightengale’s tweet, they need to make major splashes in RF, 2B, & SP:

• 2B: Ketel Marte for Garrett Crochet, Colson Montgomery, Jose Rodriguez, & Jared Kelley (works per MLBTradeValues 😁)

I'd love to tell you. You are an outstanding contributor to Soxtalk and a very enthusiastic Sox fan. Unfortunately I am in "wait and see mode" and I have already spread enough gloom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd love to tell you. You are an outstanding contributor to Soxtalk and a very enthusiastic Sox fan. Unfortunately I am in "wait and see mode" and I have already spread enough gloom.

All good brother.  Trust me, I don’t think that plan is in the realm of realism, but it’s fun to dream big.  I still think one relatively major free agent signing will happen.

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Love it

• Like 1

That return for Marte's a little short.

Feels like they would need a bigger second piece than Montgomery.   Yes, he's a first rounder, but not a high one...and he's years and years away, if he eventually makes it.

It's one of those "four names!!!" trades that sounds better on paper than it is in reality, that WSCR Cubs fans would always suggest, although usually with five names to get that added/extra OOMPH.

Vaughn might not be the right fit, but Crochet hasn't shown enough (as a starter or failed starter) to be the headliner.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All good brother.  Trust me, I don’t think that plan is in the realm of realism, but it’s fun to dream big.  I still think one relatively major free agent signing will happen.

If they sign someone even ,if it's someone like Tepera before Dec. 1st ,I'll perk up a little bit. I still think what we see is trades more than any major FA signing. This place'll be a madhouse if they trade off any more young talent but I don't see how they avoid it.