2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn has already stated they have the financial flexibility to add one larger signing and that doesn’t require them moving Kimbrel.

Rick Hahn would not come out and publicly say "We do not have the financial flexibility for a signing of greater cost than the Gravemann deal without moving Kimbrel" even if it were totally true. I don't believe it should be, but you can't take that statement as meaning anything.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Rick Hahn would not come out and publicly say "We do not have the financial flexibility for a signing of greater cost than the Gravemann deal without moving Kimbrel" even if it were totally true. 

You’re right…he simply wouldn’t comment on it.  What’s your point?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, he would say that even if it was false, because you can't have other teams starting to wonder if the White Sox aren't in a great situation in some negotiation. This is the guy who in 2019 said "We're looking to add middle of the order bats, not just a bat" or some version of that at Soxfest, he will play the game of passing along false statements if it serves some purpose.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No, he would say that even if it was false, because you can't have other teams starting to wonder if the White Sox aren't in a great situation in some negotiation. This is the guy who in 2019 said "We're looking to add middle of the order bats, not just a bat" or some version of that at Soxfest, he will play the game of passing along false statements if it serves some purpose.

Didn’t they try to sign Machado to a $30M/year deal?  Where was the lie?

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There is basically an offseason, boilerplate script that all 30 GMs follow on their interviews.  

Did I miss something where front offices decided to actually start answering questions?  

Wouldn’t that be breaking rule #1:  “Don’t be an idiot and give out any information.”

I did not expect the Sox to be in on Seager, Scherzer, or even Semien (considering the length of contract he was going to get), but it's just frustrating seeing all these moves being made and rumors flying everywhere and not hearing a damn peep about the Sox.  If they don't get anything of substance done by tomorrow, it's going to be a long, frustrating winter waiting for a new CBA before anything else happens.

The team is worse than it was at the end of the season.  Two major holes at 2B and RF and a significant gap at SP.  And other teams in the AL are getting better by the minute.

Not addressing at least one need before Wednesday would be very discouraging and pretty inexcusable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe this is why they aren't spending. I was told by many the playoffs are a total crapshoot and all you need to do is make it....so why spend when you're already one of the better teams in MLB? 

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Maybe this is why they aren't spending. I was told by many the playoffs are a total crapshoot and all you need to do is make it....so why spend when you're already one of the better teams in MLB? 

If they're already going to give a team a bye, why not just do 12 teams with 2 of the top teams getting byes? 

this is a disaster. Hahn and co were not prepared for this type of situation at all. They believed it would be business as normal. Ineptitude of the highest order. I am going to reserve any call to action until everything is said and done, but this is deserving of a mutiny from sox fans

• Fire 1