Fathoming Bauer not securing a job anywhere?

caulfield12

17 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

No? You don’t do bad things just because  somebody asks you to. This is difficult?

Apparently if someone says you can slap them they can't change their mind or ask you to stop and you can beat them until they are unconscious. Especially if the other person is a woman and you're a professional athlete. 

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

I tend to agree that it may be a he said- she said matter with suspect motives.

This is true so it is a little weird that people are still speaking on this so assuredly. I don't understand how Bauer didn't refute her claims at the start of all this. He just said everything was consensual. Once the judge ruled, Bauer denied specific, heinous accusations the alleged victim had made. It is he-said-she-said, but the court and judge ruled that the alleged victim "materially misled" the court with her testimony. Additionally, the court rule that she "deliberately and systematically deleted" phone records. So discovery in this case led to judge and the court ruling that the woman was misleading the courts and deleting evidence. It's really hard to see how there is standing for Bauer to get a suspension for this.

That said, it should be interesting to see how the MLB navigates this. They definitely want to put the hammed down on Bauer. They definitely want to blackball him if possible. I just hope this stuff wraps up sooner than later. Just want baseball sans the drama. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm assuming the Dodgers buy out the contract if they can't find a way to void it. 

You have to think a team like the Rays, A's or maybe the Reds or Tigers would take him for just $5-15 million commitment the next two with LA covering the remainder.  Rangers, perhaps.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

You have to think a team like the Rays, A's or maybe the Reds or Tigers would take him for just $5-15 million commitment the next two with LA covering the remainder.  Rangers, perhaps.

I'm thinking the PR backlash combined with the lockout backlash keeps him off the field.

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, another way to think of it would be how many of us stop following the Sox as their favorite team if they managed to win the 2022 World Series with Bauer rostered?

I'm out if they sign him and that's not hyperbole. 

• Like 2

It is he-said-she-said

Two she saids vs. one he-said.

https://defector.com/report-another-woman-sought-a-protection-order-against-trevor-bauer-last-year/

This was how Bauer characterized his view of his sexual relationships.

"I have three rules. One: no feelings. As soon as I sense you're developing feelings, I'm going to cut it off, because I'm not interested in a relationship and I'm emotionally unavailable. Two: no social media posts about me while we're together, because private life stays private. Three: I sleep with other people. I'm going to continue to sleep with other people. If you're not O.K. with that, we won't sleep together, and that's perfectly fine. We can just be perfectly polite platonic friends."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821508-trevor-bauer-on-his-rules-for-relationships-i-sleep-with-other-people

Edited by tray

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

That is fair, but I also believe if we want to hold to that standard now then we have to face up to the times where we did not.

Why? Can't we just keep making better decisions? 

But ok, how do you suggest we face up to those times? I'm doing that by making different decisions now. 

23 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Why? Can't we just keep making better decisions? 

But ok, how do you suggest we face up to those times? I'm doing that by making different decisions now. 

When you make those decisions now, be forthcoming about previous mistakes. “I won’t be a fan of this team if they do this, and tolerating this behavior in the past was a mistake” is a good start. Open to ideas of steps that could be taken to rectify those past mistakes if you want to suggest them?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

For those who would argue for Bauer coming to the Sox, what's the most you would be willing  to take on from the two remaining Dodgers' years, meaning they would pay/subsidize roughly 75%+?

$7.5 million? $10 million? $15? 

I'd take 20 million easy.  Maybe most of it if it was a straight dump.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

When you make those decisions now, be forthcoming about previous mistakes. “I won’t be a fan of this team if they do this, and tolerating this behavior in the past was a mistake” is a good start. Open to ideas of steps that could be taken to rectify those past mistakes if you want to suggest them?

Every decision I make, from what I ordered at breakfast to what I will do at practice today, is guided by previous mistakes and successes.

So can I issue a blanket I made mistakes in the past and continue to learn from them and am trying to do better? 

I will not be going to ChikfilA today even though I've gone there in the past. Admittedly it was a mistake I made then. 

In it's place I will be eating Kellogg's cereal which I boycotted during the worker strike. 

I will also choose Joanne Fabric over Hobby Lobby for a project I'm doing even though again, I made a poor choice at the time, and I am embarrassed to say I shopped there.

I'm trying to be forthcoming about my past mistakes and the new decisions I'm making. 

• Like 1