Spring Training thread

Balta1701

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Sorry, I should have clarified.

The horrifying thought is to bring them up as a semi-regular player. I guess they'd give Cespedes time to season in AAA, but TLR would get cute and go with "RF by committee" and go with Leury, Gavin, Engel, and Adolfo.

There was so much pain in typing that sentence.

Oh gawd, I can totally see TLR going RF by committee too. 

Edited by Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Is it the craziest idea to give Micker a shot?

Even if we don’t have rosters expand, assuming we don’t bring in anyone else in, the 26th spot is going to Romy or Mendick. I don’t think it’s that crazy for him to make the Opening Day roster over either of them. 

If rosters are expanded, even better then.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Even if we don’t have rosters expand, assuming we don’t bring in anyone else in, the 26th spot is going to Romy or Mendick. I don’t think it’s that crazy for him to make the Opening Day roster over either of them. 

If rosters are expanded, even better then.

I know he has flaws and its tough to justify him over AV or Sheets, but they can probably get by without Romy or Mendick depending on where Leury plays every day.

22 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The White Sox have managed this situation so well, “A talent” will be lost for basically nothing. Lets see how many guys we can have stand around the water cooler looking for opportunities to show what they can do. 

The "White Sox" did nothing wrong in this situation.  Adolfo has had an infuriating inability to stay healthy enough to make any significant progress in his game which would allow him to become a major leaguer.  The kid hit the Arizona League in 2014.  Since that time he has played over 100 games in a single season twice.  Twice!  His top figure was 112 games.  In 1735 ABs over those seven seasons, he has struck out in 642 of them.  HIs OPS over that time is .754. Trust me, if the kid had stayed healthy enough to evaluate adequately, it would have been done.  If he had hit, he would have been given an opportunity to do it in Chicago, because we all know how big of a black hole that has been in recent years.  The kid's inability to stay healthy isn't the Sox fault.

• Thanks 2