Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I need a "sad" emoji for this post. I feel bad for you. Empathy , man, empathy.

I need to do what one of my high school friends did…sent both his kids to the University of Alabama, and jumped on that bandwagon, lol.

Of course, 11 years from now Nick Saban will be long gone.

I mean, you can root for other teams (especially in the NL) and players here and there…but it’s simply impossible to change your favorite baseball team.   

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I feel another VaFan thread coming…seriously, he’s a good guy, quite well-informed and has the best of intentions, but most of just can’t go there right now mentally,

He's got a bad case of White Sox Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Oakland really taking their sweet time. 

Probably a good move. See who gets hurt by injuries the most by opening day. I feel like April could be just an extension of the offseason too. Rosters will settle in when they go to 26.

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, they’ve officially broken me.  I really thought we turned a corner when we starting acquiring players like Grandal & Lynn and pursued guys like Wheeler & Burnes.  Felt like Rick Hahn had learned from his past mistakes and would focus his limited resources on acquiring impact talent.  Instead, we just squandered $46M on relievers & utility guys and have completely ignored multiple major needs.  Again, not sure if it’s Hahn or Tony/Jerry, but something is broken and we are blowing an amazing opportunity here.

Who is going to sign Conforto tho?  

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I feel another VaFan thread coming…seriously, he’s a good guy, quite well-informed and has the best of intentions, but most of just can’t go there right now mentally,

Most people here would probably rather hear from that Astros fan that kept posting last year in the playoffs.  No room for optimism yet.

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Probably a good move. See who gets hurt by injuries the most by opening day. I feel like April could be just an extension of the offseason too. Rosters will settle in when they go to 26.

Unless its your own pitcher getting hurt as you showcase him…I’m sure that with all the trade rumors swirling it is challenging to just go out on the mound and get your work in and not get at least a little amped up before your body is ready after such a kong layoff. 

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I need to do what one of my high school friends did…sent both his kids to the University of Alabama, and jumped on that bandwagon, lol.

Of course, 11 years from now Nick Saban will be long gone.

I mean, you can root for other teams (especially in the NL) and players here and there…but it’s simply impossible to change your favorite baseball team.   

I've been in Dodgers and Angels land for over 40 years now and I hardly pay any attention to them beyond the same way I always did as a baseball fan. I'm a White Sox fan . That will never change. I just push all the other stuff way down and just write about it here and just root for the players to be their best selves on the field.

I am highly critical of the front office/ownership but stay out of game threads because they are highly critical of the players.

well if you believe rbh700 on Twitter has sources within the org, then the Sox aren’t high at all on Conforto and the trade market for starting pitching and is too expensive in terms of demand.   Sure seems like Hahn and company completely botched this offseason.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

well if you believe rbh700 on Twitter has sources within the org, then the Sox aren’t high at all on Conforto and the trade market for starting pitching and is too expensive in terms of demand.   Sure seems like Hahn and company completely botched this offseason.

That guy has 8 total Tweets. Some of what he said made sense, but I hate the narrative that the Sox can just solve the RF issue at the trade deadline. Because they definitely did last year and they definitely have a lot of prospects to trade...

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

That guy has 8 total Tweets. Some of what he said made sense, but I hate the narrative that the Sox can just solve the RF issue at the trade deadline. Because they definitely did last year and they definitely have a lot of prospects to trade...

He deletes his tweets every couple of days.  He definitely has an idea of the inner workings of the club.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He deletes his tweets every couple of days.  He definitely has an idea of the inner workings of the club.

If only Cishek thought of that...it'd make him seem more secretive instead of trying to cover his tracks. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

But the Braves did it!

The best part of this off-season (post CBA) was that I thought I was being conservative in thinking we're gonna sign Pederson to address RF. Because I didn't think they'd spend the money on Conforto. I know some others thought the same or thought they'd at least try to get Rosario or Soler. Nope, they did absolutely nothing to address RF. Not even a minor league signing unless you count Dwight Smith Jr. 

Edited by chw42

• Quin locked this topic