Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have been a Hahn defender since the rebuild started.. But it is getting harder to defend him as this season moves along.

Every time someone says Hahn I want to say TLR, Hahn and JR . Remember Hahn was not pleased with the signing of TLR. Not saying this to stick up for Hahn but to put the blame on the 3 headed Monster of Management.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Been saying this for a while but the margin for error for the Sox will be no where near where it was last year. 

Health will determine this more than anything. IF Robert, Jimenez and Moncada stay relatively healthy there is no competition, currently 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Every time someone says Hahn I want to say TLR, Hahn and JR . Remember Hahn was not pleased with the signing of TLR. Not saying this to stick up for Hahn but to put the blame on the 3 headed Monster of Management.

Well I've always hated TLR and Reinsdorf. lol Hahn i defended.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's rarely a single person. But everyone today needs a person to blame. Not a single decision is made in isolation in any front office in any sport.

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Eat Price's last year and maybe a young arm. Ofcourse to accomplish the former they'd need to get Keuchel off the books (or mostly off the books).

This makes no sense. Just keep Kimbrel at that point. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That doesn’t matter if the rotation breaks down.

Obviously but there isn't much of a history of them breaking down other than Kopech. There is a history of those players having injury issues.

Just now, fathom said:

I just can’t see them keeping him here under any circumstance, unless Hendriks gets hurt in the next few weeks 

You think it’s going to take that long to move Kimbrel?  IMO, if they can’t move him in the next week, he’s probably here to start the season.  Not a lot of teams can slide a $16M closer into their budget last second.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just can’t see them keeping him here under any circumstance, unless Hendriks gets hurt in the next few weeks 

Oh he’s gone for sure. But taking back Price is what I was referring to. Dude makes 2x what Kimbrel makes. That doesn’t make any sense. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You think it’s going to take that long to move Kimbrel?  IMO, if they can’t move him in the next week, he’s probably here to start the season.  Not a lot of teams can slide a $16M closer into their budget last second.

Jansen signed last night. That was the domino that needed to fall first. I think Kimbrel is gone by Monday, if not sooner.

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Because he’s not a fit. Not because of money. 

What stopping the twins from trading kiriloff, or even more likely moving him to first base? Twins have showed more drive to improve their team than the Sox. 

Seems unlikely they sign conforto now but honestly who knows.

No offense pal but you were chirping off about how the narrative had changed and sox have record payroll so everyone should stop being critical before the lockout. Cheerleading the Harrison signing. 

Sorry, im not a fan of a million dollar home furnished by the dollar store. Sox spent 47 million this off-season and are arguably worse. Amazing

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, PolishPrince34 said:

It’s laughable that people on this board think Lux or Bellinger can come back in a Kimbrel deal. Keep on dreaming. 

I think both are long shots, but there is no chance in hell we get Lux for Kimbrel.  Bellinger is less of a long shot, but still super unrealistic IMO.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If I was a team in the market for a closer and waa considering Kimbrel, I wouldn't give up jack shit for him now, and I am not a Kimbrel hater. I would make the Sox use him as a set up guy and see which version has shown up. The longer this drags on, the lower his price tag gets. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see the Dodgers giving anything of value for a guy who ended last year struggling and is getting paid the same as their longtime closer they apparently didn't want to pay. Bellinger would be a great prize, even though he is a huge question mark. It just doesn't make sense to me from a Dodgers perspective.  Sure, overall they save a couple of bucks. But they don't care too much about that. If they would give up Bellinger, it makes me think they  think he won't hit anymore. I think their scouting is pretty good.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh OK jimmy, yes no one was laughing because of money.  Two people literally said Twins have never offered a fa contract that big and yada yada.

Sigh.

Okay well that's a bad opinion. My thought was that they already have Kiriloff, Larnach, Buxton and Kepler with Sanchez at DH 

• Thanks 1

• Quin locked this topic