Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

32 minutes ago, shago said:

Twins smell blood. Sox FO not willing to spend, starting pitching depth/durability highly questionable at best. Twins clearly the favorite.

The twins have 1 mid rotation SP, an interesting young guy in Ryan and complete garbage for the other 3 SP. And their pen is not good. They’re still bad. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The twins have 1 mid rotation SP, an interesting young guy in Ryan and complete garbage for the other 3 SP. And they’re pen is not good. They’re still bad. 

I agree with this. Twins have closed the gap but they are a 3rd place team as constructed unless our team implodes

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The twins have 1 mid rotation SP, an interesting young guy in Ryan and complete garbage for the other 3 SP. And their pen is not good. They’re still bad. 

So the Twins are one started from being a legit wild card contender and two from being a division winning threat right away? Interesting.

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And yet the Sox have holes but unlike a team serious about a championship, are unwilling to fill them. Instead they are being stubborn assclowns.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think if they get Montas, they're right there. I like their offense more than the Sox right now. They're going to absolutely rake. 

Their bullpen is a pile of ass.

And I'd take a wager on our offense being better than theirs.

But off course, Debby Downers would think otherwise.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

No.  They're a lot more away than that

Fangraphs had them at 11% on winning the division and 27% to make the playoffs on Tuesday before this move. Add 8 WAR with a pitcher and Correa and that has to narrow right?

So far 16% to win the division, 35% to make the playoffs from this move.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

And yet the Sox have holes but unlike a team serious about a championship, are unwilling to fill them. Instead they are being stubborn assclowns.

Serious and unwilling to field a champion? 

Go check AL favorites right now.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think if they get Montas, they're right there. I like their offense more than the Sox right now. They're going to absolutely rake. 

Did you forget Jimenez and Robert were out the majority of the season? Come on let’s not get crazy with this. The Sox are still better than the Twins in just about every single position. Not to mention Buxton can’t stay on the field…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Serious and unwilling to field a champion? 

Go check AL favorites right now.

A championship run organization would not replace Rodon with a flier or trot out a platoon in right field. I don’t give a damn about “AL favorites” or rankings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I know someone mentioned that MLB Drops acct and I just saw this and thought it was funny. If true, it definitely explains the Rangers info lol

I called a few days ago that he was Rosenthal's son. This is even worse.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

A championship run organization would not replace Rodon with a flier or trot out a platoon in right field. I don’t give a damn about “AL favorites” or rankings.

So Kopech is a "flier" to you? Because he's replacing Rodon's 120-130 innings this year.

As for RF, there will be no platoon there if Vaughn is what everyone expected to be as a hitter out of college.

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Did you forget Jimenez and Robert were out the majority of the season? Come on let’s not get crazy with this. The Sox are still better than the Twins in just about every single position. Not to mention Buxton can’t stay on the field…

For missing details here - the Twins used the iL for 500 days more than the White Sox last year. What did the Twins lose?

• Quin locked this topic