Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

33 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Did people expect Rodon to be Rodon of last year when he signed for pennies to stay here?

36 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Do people here honestly think Kopech is going to replace Rodons production from last year? What are you smoking?

I think people think that 2022 Kopech will be better than 2022 Rodon. And, that’s probably fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dohnut said:

I think people think that 2022 Kopech will be better than 2022 Rodon. And, that’s probably fair.

I guess that's fair. If I can imagine both staying healthy I'd say the odds are much better that Rodon has a better season. He does have those 2021 innings under his belt now so should be stronger longer than in 2021 and was one of the best pitchers in baseball until mid July when his arm pooped out.

I think it's overlooked that he really wasn't injured in 2021. It's just he had a pretty heavy workload his 1st 18 starts for a guy coming off 2 years of near inactivity. Plus the Giants will do a better job keeping his innings in check since they have more invested in him. The Sox inexplicably rode him hard and basically he had no shot to pitch up to the standards he displayed through July in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, KBX said:

Half-tank is better word I guess. No one thinks Rodon lacks effort or anything like that.

Some have questioned his effort. Some with admitted inside knowledge 

Double post later on for some reason.

Edited by ptatc

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

On a side note I am kind of shocked they have not brought in a veteran catcher to compete with Collins/Seby

Agreed. They needs a strong defensive back up neither if them qualify.

Not sure if there are any in camp

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Some have questioned his effort. Some with admitted inside knowledge 

Wasn't that because he's thicc, so it was a question of his physical conditioning vis-a-vis his injury tendencies or something like that? 

I actually liked his vibe in that Houston game. I was thinking if he's 100% this could be a 1-0 win.

1 minute ago, KBX said:

Wasn't that because he's thicc, so it was a question of his physical conditioning vis-a-vis his injury tendencies or something like that? 

I actually liked his vibe in that Houston game. I was thinking if he's 100% this could be a 1-0 win.

Which is odd considering Boras is his agent. One thing front offices really like about Boras is how much he pushes his players and provides them resources to stay in shape.

36 minutes ago, dohnut said:

thats a fair take, but if i were to put money on it i would say Rodon will be more valuable than Kopech. The biggest factor is health and inning limits, not even sure what the Giants will do with Rodon, but im not expecting many innings out of Kopech this year. 

edit: and if Kopech is throwing like 2021 Rodon I hope that they are smarter than to leave him in a game where we are up by 13 just so he can feel good about pitching thru the 6th inning. Please dont needlessly tire his arm out.

Edited by reiks12

38 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Well if the Sox are truly in and Kimbrel is the hold up they need to get his ass off the roster immediately 

My personal prediction is Conforto is waiting for Story to decide, and if he goes to Boston, then he signs with Rangers

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic