Austin Meadows traded to the Tigers

maxjusttyped

We cannot take the idea that the Sox are going to win the division for granted. 

Every team in the ALC is capable of winning 82-85 games, with the right breaks in player development. 

The Sox have the highest ceiling but no ALC game will be a cakewalk this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It's amazing how the Rays trade one of their best offensive producers and they'll still end up being competitive somehow.

They might end up going the prospect route, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Rays pixie dust happens and they get ~4 WAR out of a Brett Phillips/Harold Ramirez platoon

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

We just added a 3 WAR player from 2021 and they added a 2 WAR player.

You guys just like to freak out about everything. 

Always squint with one eye when the Rays make a trade like this.   

while this is true, fuck detroit

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

We just added a 3 WAR player from 2021 and they added a 2 WAR player.

You guys just like to freak out about everything. 

Always squint with one eye when the Rays make a trade like this.   

Do not sleep on Tarik Skubal this year....dude is nasty. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Skubal was nasty last year too. He's just very prone to giving up bombs. 

Making half his starts in Comerica helps. 

This could be the most disappointing Sox season since 1995. I'm really nervous about the young talent the Tigers and Royals have, the Twins are no slouches and the Guardians can really pitch. This is NOT 2021. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This has the feeling of being the most disappointing Sox season since 1995. 

Really? You are declaring disappointment before the season starts?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Really? You are declaring disappointment before the season starts?

No, see my edit. It could be ok, but there are a lot of pitfalls and I don't think that the other four teams in the division are as far behind the Sox as most think. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This could be the most disappointing Sox season since 1995. I'm really nervous about the young talent the Tigers and Royals have. 

I understand that the Torkelson and Witt could be gangbusters and be worth way more than what the projection systems have them tabbed at. But they could also struggle at first like Kelenic did last year. There are no guarantees. 

You also have to consider that the Sox have a similar kind of guy in Vaughn, who could very well be a big offensive contributor this year. He also wouldn't have to get over the growing pains of being a rookie like those other 2. Neither of those teams have a guy like Robert who can take a leap from being a very good player to a borderline MVP. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This could be the most disappointing Sox season since 1995. I'm really nervous about the young talent the Tigers and Royals have, the Twins are no slouches and the Guardians can really pitch. This is NOT 2021. 

For the love of god just rub one out bro

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I understand that the Torkelson and Witt could be gangbusters and be worth way more than what the projection systems have them tabbed at. But they could also struggle at first like Kelenic did last year. There are no guarantees. 

You also have to consider that the Sox have a similar kind of guy in Vaughn, who could very well be a big offensive contributor this year. He also wouldn't have to get over the growing pains of being a rookie like those other 2. Neither of those teams have a guy like Robert who can take a leap from being a very good player to a borderline MVP. 

Parkman doesn’t like Vaughn. But if he was in another team he’d be the next babe ruth. 

• Like 3