Cueto to Sox (Official)

Chicago White Sox

59 minutes ago, ptatc said:

How about the complainers complaining about the non-complainers?

I'll say this too, if it wasn't clear, I don't care what anyone posts. If someone wants to post that joe Crede wasn't the greatest 3rd baseman in MLB history, they can do that. They'll be wrong, and completely ignorant worthy of immense disdain and hatred, but they're free to express that blasphemes opinion 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll say this too, if it wasn't clear, I don't care what anyone posts. If someone wants to post that joe Crede wasn't the greatest 3rd baseman in MLB history, they can do that. They'll be wrong, and completely ignorant worthy of immense disdain and hatred, but they're free to express that blasphemes opinion 

My thing is you might have your opinion, but don't catch feelings if it isn't universally loved, or even worse, disagreed with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My thing is you might have your opinion, but don't catch feelings if it isn't universally loved, or even worse, disagreed with.

I think this might have been a broad ranging take and I agree with it, but I think you misread this sometimes too. I, for one, love being disagreed with, it's in my nature and part of my enjoyment of these places. There's a reason I rarely make one of those "I agree" posts which I think lends very little content. Sometimes I think you mistaken being an unrelenting transparent no-filter dick at times with catching feelings. Only thing I'm catching feelings over at this point in my life is my family and my dog.... and Joe Crede highlights.

God bless this youtube creator. This video has 47k views, and I think I'm 46k of them.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Of course everyone can. Doesn't mean people can't express their opinion about it as well.

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think this might have been a broad ranging take and I agree with it, but I think you misread this sometimes too. I, for one, love being disagreed with, it's in my nature and part of my enjoyment of these places. There's a reason I rarely make one of those "I agree" posts which I think lends very little content. Sometimes I think you mistaken being an unrelenting transparent no-filter dick at times with catching feelings. Only thing I'm catching feelings over at this point in my life is my family and my dog.... and Joe Crede highlights.

God bless this youtube creator. This video has 47k views, and I think I'm 46k of them.

Thank you! I needed that. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Rodon looked okay when he pitched and was healthy (rare).  

But he looked like shit in 2020 and 2019. Still remember the 2020 postseason meltdown against the A’s. I never wanted to see him in a Sox uniform again after that series (and I think most agreed at the time).

9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But he looked like shit in 2020 and 2019. Still remember the 2020 postseason meltdown against the A’s. I never wanted to see him in a Sox uniform again after that series (and I think most agreed at the time).

Renteria was just experimenting.  Rodon had almost no pen experience before then in his entire career, just 2-3 times the last ten days of the season.  Plus he wasn’t given a clean inning, either.

21 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Thank you! I needed that. 

Show me someone who was more pedestrian statistically who was more incredible in big moments than 24. 

It's a trick question, because no one in the history of the game exists comparatively. If only we could convince Joe it was a LIPS moment every single time he came up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Show me someone who was more pedestrian statistically who was more incredible in big moments than 24. 

It's a trick question, because no one in the history of the game exists comparatively. If only we could convince Joe it was a LIPS moment every single time he came up.

Uribe had a knack for driving in big runs…especially sac flies with a runner on third and less than two outs, but nothing like Crede in the biggest moments.  But he definitely ranks up there for the non-star players as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

START THE GOD DAMN REAL GAMES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I CAN ONLY OPEN EVERY THREAD TO SEE THE SAME CAST OF CHARACTERS DEBATING WHOSE SHIT STINKS LESS.

Let's all just admire Joe's homer vs Cleveland in 2005 in the 10th inning, a HR to this day that I'd argue led to the Sox winning the WS and without it I feel confident in saying they don't win it all. It turned the entire September spiral around and propelled them to dominating the playoffs.

People forget that was Joe's second homer of the game too. Goated.

FTR, my shit stinks pretty bad according to my significant other.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, VAfan said:

That's obviously what the Sox front office thought, or they would have handled him differently.  Not much excuse for not making the qualifying offer, since it was apparent to outsiders like us he wouldn't take it.  

Rodon pitched well past May last year, and while he was in form and before fatigue set in, he was the best pitcher in the AL.  You can't really "replace" the best pitcher in the AL.  

So, it seems to me it comes down to whether he might last longer now that he built up a 132 inning season last year.  That's almost as many innings as he had as a rookie.  In year 2, he pitched 165 innings.  

For my calculus, what would you pay for top form Rodon in the playoffs?  Because he would be your ACE.  Your top starter.  Someone who could win you multiple postseason games.  That's why I wanted the Sox to keep him.  To have that chance, even if there was some risk he wouldn't be there by October.  

The other reason?  So you don't have to look at as many starts from Keuchel, Lopez, Velasquez or Cueto, and can still keep all your guys fresh.    

It is doubtful that the Giants had any medical insights not available to the Sox but you can imagine Boras was throwing the bs around which the Sox were not buying. I figure he might manage 100 innings with plenty of rest in between. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let's all just admire Joe's homer vs Cleveland in 2005 in the 10th inning, a HR to this day that I'd argue led to the Sox winning the WS and without it I feel confident in saying they don't win it all. It turned the entire September spiral around and propelled them to dominating the playoffs.

Ray, if Joe hadn't had a bad back would he be the greatest 3B of all time or only the 2nd best? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ray, if Joe hadn't had a bad back would he be the greatest 3B of all time or only the 2nd best? 

Gotta give him the crown, although it's with no disrespect to Mike Schmidt who had some decent career numbers and accolades, he just wasn't Joe.

If you told Joe we need a homer here or we're not winning a World Series, Joe would say "ok... I guess I can do that" and then do exactly that. It's a shame no one asked him for more World Series so us Sox fans only got one. Kind of a waste of the clutch goat's talent. Never forget Aaron Rowand tried to tell everyone that Joe was the best clutch player in the game and it wasn't close. All those stat nerds denied clutch existed until Joe Crede came along.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No argument here.

That was basically the dagger in Cleveland's hearts. Yeah, they got closer after that, but you could tell that was the turning point.

• Love 1

@chitownsportsfan And I'll add, I'm not bitter... surely, I've let this go... but Konerko being the ALCS MVP was a joke... not that I'm upset. I'm totally over it... right?

no I don't have some picture/graphic I saved years ago to explain this absurdity of award given. No I haven't sulked over this laughable result for a 17 years because I loved Konerko and certainly could get over such a lobsided unfair result. 

joe.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You used to be able to watch the full clip with real Hawk audio on MLB.com. But now it’s no longer in the archives, big time bummer. 

Only other clip I can find is that one you posted with the music playing over it. 

My favorite Sox clip and best Hawk call of all time. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

No argument here.

That was basically the dagger in Cleveland's hearts. Yeah, they got closer after that, but you could tell that was the turning point.

Sox had lost 8 of 12 games going into that game; they went on to win 8 of 12 games to close the season after the home run and then did what we all know they did in the playoffs. There will NEVER be another Joe Crede in White Sox history. Statistically, his production was more improbable than anyone in MLb history when the lights shined the brightest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marqhead said:

You used to be able to watch the full clip with real Hawk audio on MLB.com. But now it’s no longer in the archives, big time bummer. 

Only other clip I can find is that one you posted with the music playing over it. 

My favorite Sox clip and best Hawk call of all time. 

Yeah, he plays the music pretty softly which I appreciate it. That clip is awesome. One thing MLB is so brutal on is their copyright nonsense. That's why you don't see MLB highlights with calls on twitter for long. It's so dumb. Social media is the way to the younger generation. Get as much video and audio out there as possible and let it be permanent. Don't be so obsessive over your distribution rights.

42 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I agree wholeheartedly  

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This was the one where Farmio exclaimed "get off the ledge!!!" wasn't it?

• bmags unpinned this topic