TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's scary how many fans on this message board 'hate' or 'don't like' Tony. Outside of this board is the sentiment this ugly regarding the Hall of Fame skipper? I can't imagine tons of Sox fans despise Tony's hiring as much as folks in message board land. Personally I think Tony is fine. Lots of managers do the "rest" thing and sit players way too often.

The "rest thing" certainly hasn't helped our injury situation in the Tony era. But I sort of like having Tony at the helm. The man is not a buffoon, folks. His resume suggests excellence, not hyperbole, it just does! I wish people would give TLR a chance til all star break.  My problems with baseball managerial decisions involve modern day thinking, more than being frustrated with one manager named LaRussa.

Tf anyone here thinks Tony is smart, just check out his record as GM of the Dbacks.

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Get ready to be called a racist by the mods.

Revisiting Dave Stewart’s D-backs Trades

April 10th, 2020 at 8:40am CST • By Steve Adams

Dave Stewart’s transition from agent to Diamondbacks general manager was both brief and frenetic. Not afraid to make moves that bucked industry trends, Stewart’s regime aggressively moved young talent for veterans, seemingly placed a lower value on draft picks than other clubs and made what proved to be a pair of high-profile missteps on the international market as they set out on a clear win-now path.

Sounds familiar? I think they are referring to Yasmany Tomas here.

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's scary how many fans on this message board 'hate' or 'don't like' Tony. Outside of this board is the sentiment this ugly regarding the Hall of Fame skipper? I can't imagine tons of Sox fans despise Tony's hiring as much as folks in message board land. Personally I think Tony is fine. Lots of managers do the "rest" thing and sit players way too often.

The "rest thing" certainly hasn't helped our injury situation in the Tony era. But I sort of like having Tony at the helm. The man is not a buffoon, folks. His resume suggests excellence, not hyperbole, it just does! I wish people would give TLR a chance til all star break.  My problems with baseball managerial decisions involve modern day thinking, more than being frustrated with one manager named LaRussa.

I don't post there but I check it out sometimes and WS Reddit hates TLR just as much as Soxtalk.  And some of the older school fans I know that don't (as far as I know) post here do not care for him either.  By and large I don't see a large base of support for the guy.

49 minutes ago, ron883 said:

There's gotta be some millionaire on here that can bankroll a billboard with a message ripping TLR

Well I hate gossip, but I heard there's a guy on Soxtalk willing to give up half his salary to get rid of Larussa....maybe start there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Steve Stone saying Leury isn't worth having on the team. I know he doesn't like Leury, but saying he shouldn't be on the team is pretty harsh. 

Leury has a role on this team. But with dipshit McGee running the show, the only answer to using him properly may be removing him from the roster. Never gonna happen tho after paying him $15M. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Wonder if Hahn told TLR to play certain guys and the nonsensical lineups were his response.  Not trying to do too much tea leaf reading but it definitely feels like something is amiss behind the scenes. 

Yeah that’s what it sounds like. Hope they nip it the bud before it gets too out of control.

Edited by maloney.adam

I'm all in on the conspiracy theories. Here are the different theories I've heard so far. 

1. Hahn told Tony to quit batting Leury so high in the lineup, so Tony is purposely batting him high in the lineup to stick it to Hahn. 

2. Tony is purposely batting Leury high in the lineup to passive aggressively show Hahn that the team needs to make moves and acquire better players. 

3. Leury is banging Tony's wife (per Tony's request), and Tony is working the camera/lights. Tony is "batting cleanup", for lack of a better description. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I'm all in on the conspiracy theories. Here are the different theories I've heard so far. 

1. Hahn told Tony to quit batting Leury so high in the lineup, so Tony is purposely batting him high in the lineup to stick it to Hahn. 

2. Tony is purposely batting Leury high in the lineup to passive aggressively show Hahn that the team needs to make moves and acquire better players. 

3. Leury is banging Tony's wife (per Tony's request), and Tony is working the camera/lights. Tony is "batting cleanup", for lack of a better description. 

Don't forget the whole If you don't believe in the guys we have, you're not a real fan thing TLR said. Then Hahn traded for Haseley and Pollock on the following days. 

You can tell that something is going on behind the scenes. TLR is retaliating by batting Leury high up in the order and not pinch hitting Grandal in the 9th. Hahn probably wants certain players to play and in certain situations but TLR is not having it.   

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

4.  Tony found human fecal matter on his side of the bed....he took that as some sort of warning from Garcia and now he does whatever Leury wants.