TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'd take Robin over TLR without question

My lord I hated Ventura. That guy got extended somehow after he and his team quit simultaneously, and eventually his poor leadership resulted in the teams best player shredding his uniform and a preteen being declared the team leader. People retired because of how bad he was.

That was still better than this.

• Like 1

TLR isn't going anywhere.

JR saving face > preserving any semblance of the "window"

Sucks but true

If this team even gets to a single ALCS in the next few years it will be a minor miracle given all the dysfunction and issues that refuse to get addressed. So much for "multiple championships"

Edited by SoCalChiSox

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

My lord I hated Ventura. That guy got extended somehow after he and his team quit simultaneously, and eventually his poor leadership resulted in the teams best player shredding his uniform and a preteen being declared the team leader. People retired because of how bad he was.

That was still better than this.

The 2016 team started off quite well at 23-10.  Never had the opportunity to manage anything approximating a really good team.  He was better than Bevington because he's a.classy individual...took one for JR...and didn't embarrass the organization as much as some of our personnel moves backfiring did.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Cannon fodder.  

It's going to be brutal when he starts getting booed at home games and becomes increasingly defensive and irritable with the media.

We already had done Cooper to play that curmudgeonly figure.

He's getting booed every game I attend. Fuck this guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green Line said:

TLR has lost my confidence.  The team looks so uninspired and unprepared to play every day.  They need to win the KC series or he needs to go.

TLR needs to go now. Pitching to Buxton in the 10th with first base open is a fireable offense.  In every Sox game there are questions about TLR bad decisions.  He is the worst Sox manager that I can remember going back to the 60s.  He is not the same at 77/78 than in the 1980s. Only people that don’t retire at 78 are Supreme Court justices and business owners.  Send TLR back to Tampa with a one way ticket or make him a Sox ambassador or give him a non executive manager emeritus title, but get him off the field.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Jeremy Colliton got fired by the Hawks for a 1-9 start. TLR has seven straight losses going.  He should do the right thing  and resign/retire, and bring some energy back into the team.

Colliton only got canned after the GM that decided he was his guy and thrust him into the head coaches role "stepped down" bc of the scandal and was no longer there to protect his handpicked guy. Colliton hadn't deserved to be on the job for a while before that, and the extension he got was nonsensical. 

The problem with replacing TLR with Ozzie would be that OZ might get the team all fired up and his off-the-wall managing style could drive the team into the WS --- and then we'd be stuck with him for 2023. LOL!
I love laughing at my own witticisms.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

These two things can both be true:

-TLR has forgotten more about baseball than any of us on this board will ever know..... and

-TLR has forgotten EVERYTHING he ever knew about baseball and is a complete empty shell on the bench

Yeah - forgotten is the operative term here huh?

6 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

The problem with replacing TLR with Ozzie would be that OZ might get the team all fired up and his off-the-wall managing style could drive the team into the WS --- and then we'd be stuck with him for 2023. LOL!
I love laughing at my own witticisms.

I have zero interest in replacing one guy who hadn’t managed in 10 years with another.  Ozzie’s style worked until it didn’t.  Fans that still clamour for his return always seem to forget just how terrible he was his last few years here, negotiating to be manager of another franchise while still under contract aside. 

Edited by Tnetennba