Put Burger at 2B (or Yoan at 2B and Burger at 3B)

ron883

16 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Burger is better than Moncada or Harrison and that's a fact.   They need to get him in the lineup everyday

They will not trade Moncada unless they get an absolute haul. I want Moncada on the field and in the lineup every single day. He is one of the 3 best 3rd baseman in the American league. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

I've seen about enough Josh Harrison already. He's going to be added to the long list of "cheap" FA signees that end up being a complete waste of money. 

Burger looks like a dude that can hit. Plus, he made that slick play at 2B recently. I can't find the video. It's out there though. 

Either Burger to 2B or Yoan to 2B. 

Seen enough after 1 game, oh boy you are something.  Marcus Semien went 0-4 yesterday, I wonder if the Rangers are giving up on him already.

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Oh great wise one, please explain the facts behind your statement instead of just throwing gas on SoxTalk.

I've posted my thoughts on Burger a lot.  He is a .260, 25+ HR guy with comparable defense to Moncada at 3B.  Nothing Moncada can provide will top Burger if Burger is given time to develop in the bigs like he should.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will never understand the ill will a portion of this fanbase has against Moncada because he doesn’t play with the fire and passion.

Or because his production has been mediocre, outside of 2019.  I really like his D though.  Don't care about his personality.

Edited by GreenSox

Just the facts please........

bleacherreport.com/articles/2949766-mlb-player-rankings-for-top-25-third-basemen-of-2021-season 

dodgerblue.com/mlb-top-10-third-basemen-right-now-justin-turner-ranked-by-the-shredder-for-2022/2022/03/22/

Like all of the other rankings compiled by The Shredder, the evaluation of third basemen took into account a three-year sample, with the 2021 weighed more heavily. It factored in WAR and wRC+ in addition to Statcast metrics. Defense was weighed more heavily compared to second base and third base.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
adding data

27 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Burger is better than Moncada or Harrison and that's a fact.   They need to get him in the lineup everyday

Jake Burger, he of 16 (SIXTEEN!!) major league games is somehow irrefutably factually better than Yoan Moncada.  You heard it here folks.  Pack it up, we're all done here.

The nonsensical hot takes flying around this place are going to melt my brain I swear... 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Jake Burger, he of 16 (SIXTEEN!!) major league games is somehow irrefutably factually better than Yoan Moncada.  You heard it here folks.  Pack it up, we're all done here.

The nonsensical hot takes flying around this place are going to melt my brain I swear... 

The nonsensical respones like this are going to melt my brain 

It really sucks when I kinda remake a Jake burger hype train only for it to be immediately hijacked by the most insane posters and you can’t even talk about how Jake might be much better than prospect ranking or expectations and instead just have ti be like “ok yeah but he’s actually not tHAT good” all the time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

Newbie question:

Is this the appropriate time to start a "Put Burger in the rotation" thread?

Sorry, but Burger's defense at 3B is average. His bat is going to be above average hopefully, but a major league roster on a team supposedly contending for a world series victory is not the place to teach a questionable defensive talent how to play a middle infield position.

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada was worth 4.5 fWAR last season. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

41 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Whatever you want to look at, Burger is better and clearly better with the bat, thus better 

Let's start here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

It really sucks when I kinda remake a Jake burger hype train only for it to be immediately hijacked by the most insane posters and you can’t even talk about how Jake might be much better than prospect ranking or expectations and instead just have ti be like “ok yeah but he’s actually not tHAT good” all the time

Like I said, there is no one in the Sox system with a better story to root for than Burger.  I would love to see him do great things, but these takes rank up there with Russian misinformation for their absurdity. 

• Thanks 2

C'mon. Jake Burger is not better than Moncada. 

Yoan brings GG defense and patience at the plate, while Burger is average to below average defensively and does not have the plate discipline Moncada does. 

Just so everyone knows, when I criticize Moncada it isn't that I don't appreciate that he's a very good player, it's more lamenting the fact that he could have been so much better if he didn't get long Covid. That is nobody's fault, not even his. It just sucks. 

He had his career trajectory altered by contracting a novel virus that is airborne. It's just incredibly unfortunate. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

C'mon. Jake Burger is not better than Moncada. 

Yoan brings GG defense and patience at the plate, while Burger is average to below average defensively and does not have the plate discipline Moncada does. 

Just so everyone knows, when I criticize Moncada it isn't that I don't appreciate that he's a very good player, it's more lamenting the fact that he could have been so much better if he didn't get long Covid. That is nobody's fault, not even his. It just sucks. 

Nobody can really prove this to be true. I believe that covid can have long term effects, but zapping his power? Maybe he's just a great player that benefited from juiced balls, instead of an MVP caliber player. 

Edited by ron883

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Nobody can really prove this to be true. I believe that covid can have long term effects, but zapping his power? Maybe he's busy a great player that benefited from juiced balls, instead of an MVP caliber player. 

If you watch him play the ball doesn't explode off his bat like it used to. It's pretty obvious. Even when he was struggling in 2017/18 the ball exploded off his bat. 

I don't think it's as simple as the juiced ball. 

He was hitting 440+ ft HRs in 2019, not barely scraping the OF wall. 

He also had elite exit velocity. That skill doesn't just disappear at age 25 without something else going on. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said, there is no one in the Sox system with a better story to root for than Burger.  I would love to see him do great things, but these takes rank up there with Russian misinformation for their absurdity. 

Opinions from fans about baseball rank up there with genocide?  Give me a fukin break bud.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you watch him play the ball doesn't explode off his bat like it used to. It's pretty obvious. Even when he was struggling in 2017/18 the ball exploded off his bat. 

I don't think it's as simple as the juiced ball. 

He was hitting 440+ ft HRs in 2019, not barely scraping the OF wall. 

He also had elite exit velocity. That skill doesn't just disappear at age 25 without something else going on. 

Do you have any studies showing that covid reduces people's strength long term to this extent?