White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well, when you have a team that has a bunch of 1B/DH types mixed in with overusing utility guys this is what happens.  The white sox have never given a fuck about fundamentals.  Their brand of baseball is based on 3 months in the summer when the ball blows out to left.  In the spring/fall they look very flawed.  In June when everyone starts banging the ball out they will look invincible for periods of time.  This is a flawed team.  If I was any of the AL Central teams not named the Royals, I would think I have a chance.    

Lift and pull.  See 2000-2008 Sox baseball.  It worked one magical year when we had the pitching.

On a personal level, that's why the Royals were so fun to watch those two years...the complete opposite of Sox modus operandi in terms of fundamentals and execution, defense, speed, making contact, keeping the line moving with singles and doubles, shutdown pen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

For a bad start for him, I’m cool with it.

Agreed.  He didn't have good stuff today and didn't get destroyed which shows some progress for him.  Obviously if he looks like this consistently it's a problem but for a day where he clearly didn't have it, it's nice he was able to keep us around at least.

2 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

Good way to get his trade value up is to constantly sit him on the bench.

they aren't going to blow up his value hitting him against tough RHP

I'm actually surprised he hasn't been traded yet to be honest, this front office does not value their top positional talent

Edited by joesaiditstrue