4/23 GT: Sox @ MIN (3:05 CST)

Ok so the drone delay got me thinking...

Does MLB have any precautionary measures for this? What if someone had an expensive drone and sat 2 miles away and just left it in the stadium for an extended period of time. Could be done for a variety of reasons... Try to get a pitcher cold, get a PPD, etc. 

9 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Hey! The Twins RF just made a nice major league play. He's not hobbling around now - what's up with that? Is this a new trend?

I saw Vlad Jr run hard from first to home on a double last night and was so jealous that he didn’t even wince afterwards.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Does MLB have any precautionary measures for this? What if someone had an expensive drone and sat 2 miles away and just left it in the stadium for an extended period of time. Could be done for a variety of reasons... Try to get a pitcher cold, get a PPD, etc. 

Paging Astros, Cora and Yankees...

13 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I doubt they are going to say what they have, but I would imagine most potential terrorist targets with huge crowds have taken some steps to be able to defend against an approaching drone.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I doubt they are going to say what they have, but I would imagine most potential terrorist targets with huge crowds have taken some steps to be able to defend against an approaching drone.

Homeland: The Final Season (Defending Guaranteed Rate Field)

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm not talking about a military grade drone I'm talking about an expensive personal drone- which is what I assume caused the delay at todays game. 

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I'm not talking about a military grade drone I'm talking about an expensive personal drone- which is what I assume caused the delay at todays game. 

Same difference. Small personal drones could carry enough weight to be a legit threat to kill someone. You have to have some way to get rid of those, and such systems do exist.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Same difference. Small personal drones could carry enough weight to be a legit threat to kill someone. You have to have some way to get rid of those, and such systems do exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatwick_Airport_drone_incident

That came to mind. I'm actually surprised this hasn't occurred more often for whatever nefarious purposes.

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatwick_Airport_drone_incident

That came to mind. I'm actually surprised this hasn't occurred more often for whatever nefarious purposes.

The price tag on something like these are in the $10s of thousands but that’s tiny compared with ballpark security. 

https://www.dronedefense.systems/

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The price tag on something like these are in the $10s of thousands but that’s tiny compared with ballpark security. 

https://www.dronedefense.systems/

I know we are quite off topic but hey, anything that keeps my mind off the Sox. I'm sure the detection aspect is pretty easy but I'm really interested in how the "countermeasures" work and if any potential attackers are actively/have already figured out a way to beat that countermeasure system. Might have to go on a Youtube binge tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I almost wish they hadn't settled the lockout. Could we organize another one until we're healthy?

Theyre never going to be healthy, thats like waiting for it to snow in Miami.  Eloy is injured every other month.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This looks like one of the worst teams in baseball.

At least most lethargic, dispirited and poorly-managed.

At this rate, Stone or LaRussa or Benetti will get in a fight with someone on the plane coming back.

They should make them bus all the way back with a Monday off day.

Edited by caulfield12