5/01- White Sox vs Angels, 1:10, CSN, ESPNR

1 minute ago, Chimpton said:

When only one player in the line up has a BA over.230 and 5 have a BA below .200 I'm not sure you can expect a win with Keuchal pitching.

I can't ever remember seeing a lineup this "late" in the season where only 1 hitter has an OPS above .650 like the Sox do today

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

When only one player in the line up has a BA over.230 and 5 have a BA below .200 I'm not sure you can expect a win with Keuchal pitching.

Even if Keuchel and the D didn’t suck, the offense still can’t score.  It’s deflating. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Is AJ not healthy enough to play RF but is somehow ok for LF?  Is there something I’m missing there or is TLR just being baseball stupid again?

Not saying Sheets is a good defender, but Pollock has never played RF and has looked uncomfortable and terrible out there. Cost them the game in Detroit.

His primary worth is if you can salvage his bat and keep him on the field for 100 games. 

They have needed a RF for three years, and Hahn has come up with Mazara, Eaton, and rotating spot (Leury/Sheets/Engel).

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Not saying Sheets is a good defender, but Pollock has never played RF and has looked uncomfortable and terrible out there. Cost them the game in Detroit.

His primary worth is if you can salvage his bat and keep him on the field for 100 games. 

They have needed a RF for three years, and Hahn has come up with Mazara, Eaton, and rotating spot (Leury/Sheets/Engel).

Well he doesn’t look good in left either

Just now, Frankensteiner said:

We have 2 hitters in the lineup with an OPS over .700. Meanwhile, every Angels hitter playing today has an OPS over .700.

Keuchel or not, that's the difference to me.

Yep this team is average at best compared to the other non sucky teams. We are realistically the 8th best team when healthy until we prove otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Frankensteiner said:

We have 2 hitters in the lineup with an OPS over .700. Meanwhile, every Angels hitter playing today has an OPS over .700.

Keuchel or not, that's the difference to me.

For sure. I rag DK like nobody's business, because he IS a black hole on this team. But....this offense is absymal, with no plate discipline or plan of attack whatsoever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

LOLeury.

We have 5 out of 9 guys in this lineup, who have an average that starts with a 1...a ONE....

Love that both Leury and Harrison just have to be in the lineup today. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I understand why he's playing, but there has been waaaaaaayy too much Reese McGuire in the lineups lately too

It’s brutal. His catching hasn’t even been good lately.