Menechino is movable

brijames1957

28 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Can we steal Minnesota's hitting coach?  We have more (historical) power in our lineup but are embarrassingly behind the Twins in HR on the season.

We will just get outbid by an SEC ACC or Big 12 program for his services.

Who knows, maybe B10 baseball will rise the way things are trending.

• Haha 1

If we can’t fire Tony into the sun, can we do Frank instead?  Or Maroon him on the next road trip somewhere with no phone, wallet, or keys, and hope he never comes back?  I normally don’t wish ill will on people but desperate times and all…

26 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If we can’t fire Tony into the sun, can we do Frank instead?  Or Maroon him on the next road trip somewhere with no phone, wallet, or keys, and hope he never comes back?  I normally don’t wish ill will on people but desperate times and all…

you're not allowed to hit Menechino in the air. Only on the ground the other way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/league?season=2022#statcastHitting

5th highest 1st pitch swing %

2nd highest chase %

4th highest GB %

4th lowest launch angle

This is one or both of 1) the hitting coach doesn't understand that these metrics are bad or 2) the players are not responding to being coached

Since the same people hire the hitting coach and the players, the failure lies at the same place regardless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So we will arbitrarily choose to start this time block on June 13, including a 5 hit day but excluding an 0/5 day on June 11, we will ignore the fact that he has struck out 15 times and walked 3 times in those 47 plate appearances, and jump for joy at the totally sustainable .429 BABIP over that stretch because he's guaranteed to keep that up.

I am a little perplexed why they haven’t at least made the move on the hitting coach. Only reason I can think is they are mortified what he will say about the mgr and clubhouse once he is gone (kind of like a - let me tell you if you think I was bad, this is what really happens and how disconnected everything is). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am a little perplexed why they haven’t at least made the move on the hitting coach. Only reason I can think is they are mortified what he will say about the mgr and clubhouse once he is gone (kind of like a - let me tell you if you think I was bad, this is what really happens and how disconnected everything is). 

TLR is probably telling Jerry not to do it, no thats not a defense of Hahn

• Like 1

Abreu, Robert, Moncada, Grandal, Jimenez, Vaughn -36 hrs

Judge - 30 hrs

TLR after Tuesdays game: "We tell them not to think about the home run, try and do too much and you come up with very little. We just want them to have good atbats."

• Fire 1

I swear it felt like today when they got Eloy back the team had a brief players only meeting and said "f$#% Menechino, go up there and pull the ball and drive it with power." We hit 3 homers today, all to the pull side. Robert's was mashed. I can't remember the last time Vaughn pulled the ball with authority. Maybe something is shifting? 

46 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Abreu, Robert, Moncada, Grandal, Jimenez, Vaughn -36 hrs

Judge - 30 hrs

TLR after Tuesdays game: "We tell them not to think about the home run, try and do too much and you come up with very little. We just want them to have good atbats."

Odds of White Sox having a seat at the table in the Judge or Trea Turner FA negotiations?

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I swear it felt like today when they got Eloy back the team had a brief players only meeting and said "f$#% Menechino, go up there and pull the ball and drive it with power." We hit 3 homers today, all to the pull side. Robert's was mashed. I can't remember the last time Vaughn pulled the ball with authority. Maybe something is shifting? 

I don’t know who else had the radio broadcast, but in the 8th inning DJ had it figured out after one pitch. “Vaughn is so angry at hitting the ball hard and getting no hits he is just trying to hit the ball over the fence”, in some version….and it worked! Like 10 line drives to the RF did less for him than one attempt to pull the ball in the air!

39 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

In the postgame, the mere mention of Eloy's name brought a huge smile to Leury (who was doing the interview with Stone and Benetti after his game winning knock) and the smile said it all. Rest of the interview was Leury just saying players are grinding and staying focused despite the challenges...the usual stuff...but when they mentioned Eloy his face lit up.  

If he could stay healthy and product to his potential - combined with fact that by all accounts he is an extremely likeable dude in the clubhouse (and one of those free souls) and he really could do WONDERS for this lineup.  

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Odds of White Sox having a seat at the table in the Judge or Trea Turner FA negotiations?

Trea Turner is just a stellar baseball player. I know he gets hurt a lot but outside of that he is just really really good. 

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Trea Turner is just a stellar baseball player. I know he gets hurt a lot but outside of that he is just really really good. 

He should be worth millions more than Seager...especially as there are fewer big names at the top this year and more teams chasing that diminishing supply.  With the caveat that he has to avoid a lengthy IL the remainder of this season.