5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What matters is if the FO does the right thing and tears it down and does a retool in the offseason. 

At this point I just hope that Moncada, Vaughn and Eloy(when he comes back) get it going. I'm expecting nothing from the old guys. 

I'm somewhere in the middle. Yes they should tear it down but I might wait until next deadline, and I'd rather the FO is cleaned out first. If it's going to be the same jamokes rebuilding it all, I'd rather watch .500 baseball for the next 3 years than .300

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So did Abreu, Grandal and Pollock get old? Moncada having a bad year? 

If that's the case, they're going to be worse than .500

Also, if this is what's happening it would be criminal to not trade Giolito, Lynn and Cueto(if he keeps it up) at the TDL. 

In terms of Pollock/Abreu/Grandal it appears that way, yes. Individually some of these guys are good, but as a team they stink

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

just messing around on fangraphs, Sox are at the bottom in launch angle but 4th in exit velocity. Worst in walk%.. how the hell Menechino still has a job is a mystery.

This feels exactly like how the pitching situation was before the Sox hired Katz. Obvious talent is there but it isn't being maximized at all.