5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well looks like they nixed the Anderson interview. We get Kopech instead. Wonder who made that call

Probably in the pre interview they told him we're going to ask you this and how are you going to answer and when he told them they said thanks but no thanks.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Probably in the pre interview they told him we're going to ask you this and how are you going to answer and when he told them they said thanks but no thanks.

TA isn’t gonna mince words nor should he. Love him more every day he’s part of this team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well looks like they nixed the Anderson interview. We get Kopech instead. Wonder who made that call

As great as Anderson’s moment was (and if it isn’t made into a bobble head we riot) I’m so goddamn happy kopech got his deserved win. The amount of people who wrote him off after effectively 2 years out of baseball was unfair, and as asinine as pitcher wins as a stat are I think he proved a few weeks ago that it meant something to him. He has more than earned it this season so glad to see him get his tonight 

• Fire 1

And can anyone figure out what happened to Anderson's home run ball that went into the corn last August ended up?

HoF?

Or did a private fan/collector end up with it?

Guess it probably somehow ended up with MLB and then Timmy?

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

And can anyone figure out what happened to Anderson's home run ball that went into the corn last August ended up?

HoF?

Or did a private fan/collector end up with it?

Guess it probably somehow ended up with MLB and then Timmy?

I ended up with a ball from Tim in the 6th inning of the Field of Dreams game. He tossed it in the stands and I grabbed it. I've always wondered what happened to that ball and would guess a fan ended up with it. After Jose's homer to left in the 1st inning you could see 3 or 4 guys looking for it. Same with Stanton's homer in the 9th. I couldn't see what was going on in right field though.

56 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Katz must have worked with Lopez to lengthen his delivery cause he's no longer slide stepping on every pitch like he was. And it's gotten him a 3-4 ticks on the fastball. Earlier in the year he was throwing 95.

Katz doing a great job contrary to Menechino.  Pitching is driving this team now.  Excellent starters and Cuetois also looking great. Hitting is lacking patience, clutch and leaving tons of men on base.

9 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I ended up with a ball from Tim in the 6th inning of the Field of Dreams game. He tossed it in the stands and I grabbed it. I've always wondered what happened to that ball and would guess a fan ended up with it. After Jose's homer to left in the 1st inning you could see 3 or 4 guys looking for it. Same with Stanton's homer in the 9th. I couldn't see what was going on in right field though.

I was down the third base line and higher up. I could see people moving through the corn in RF but not who is was or if they found it.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I was down the third base line and higher up. I could see people moving through the corn in RF but not who is was or if they found it.

Nice! I was about 5 rows up above the 3rd base dugout. I'm kind of hoping to go to this year's game too. Love seeing the Reds and Cubs lose this year lol. Hopefully that'll help the odds.