Robert on COVID IL; Burger Up

Heads22

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And bring up Adam Haseley? Hard pass.

Not sure what purpose Burger really serves though.  Would have been a nice opportunity to see Yolbert.  I imagine Leury will be playing some CF if Luis' absence is more than a few days.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hopefully this is just a couple day thing for symptoms and not an actual positive test.  

How does the covid list work now a days? Do you legitimately have to sit out if you have cold symptoms without a positive test?

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure what purpose Burger really serves though.  Would have been a nice opportunity to see Yolbert.  I imagine Leury will be playing some CF if Luis' absence is more than a few days.  

Yeah I agree he doesn't really serve a purpose but I guess I just don't care. They still have about 5 or 6 guys on the roster who can/have played OF. But yeah, seeing Yolbert for a couple days would have been cool.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How does the covid list work now a days? Do you legitimately have to sit out if you have cold symptoms without a positive test?

Donaldson was place on it the other day prior to having a positive test. He just had symptoms.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Donaldson was place on it the other day prior to having a positive test. He just had symptoms.

I wonder if he legitimately felt like shit? Or are you absolutely required to disclose if you have cold like symptoms?

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I wonder if he legitimately felt like shit? Or are you absolutely required to disclose if you have cold like symptoms?

It didn't really specify here: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/josh-donaldson-suspension-tim-anderson-jackie-yankees-white-sox.html.

Just that (from the above link) "Donaldson hasn’t yet tested positive but reported symptoms to the team. He, Joey Gallo and Kyle Higashioka (all on the Covid list) are 'more than just not feeling well,' says manager Aaron Boone (Twitter link via Bryan Hoch of MLB.com). 'They feel sick. … They’re not available to play.'"