Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman

reiks12

Just now, brijames1957 said:

AV is going to step up !  Now who else? Looking at you Moncada and Pollock and Grandal.

Pollock doesn't have the opportunity to redeem himself unless PHer defensive replacement for Vaughn or PRer.

White Sox 15-11 their last 26.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That ball kept drifting and carrying.  Great 0-2 count hitting considering it probably wasn't even a strike.

Maybe not a strike but center cut an inch below the zone is not where you want to throw an 0-2 fastball.

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

AV is going to step up !  Now who else? Looking at you Moncada and Pollock and Grandal.

What an unmitigated disaster all 3 have been.  They should have just IL'd Moncada again if the dude isn't available. 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Grandal only caught a  couple innings Sunday, off day yesterday, and now not catching Lucas here tonight.

I was counting his dead money this time next season.   Might have to call it dead money now, today. 

Even if his knees are gone, how the hell did he go from having possibly the best eye in the game to this?  It's really quite something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Even if his knees are gone, how the hell did he go from having possibly the best eye in the game to this?  It's really quite something. 

Same with Moncada. He hasn't walked since the Yankee series. 

Grandal and Moncada are supposed to be the Sox OBP guys and neither is doing so. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I sang the song of getting a true #2 catcher all winter, as in more than a backup, anticipating that Grandal wouldn't be able to go more that 80 games behind the plate. What I wasn't counting on was Yaz forgetting how to be a batter. Silly me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I sang the song of getting a true #2 catcher all winter, as in more than a backup, anticipating that Grandal wouldn't be able to go more that 80 games behind the plate. What I wasn't counting on was Yaz forgetting how to be a batter. Silly me.

Same, actually still think McGuire was a fine move, but didn't fathom Yaz could drop off this much.