7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Let's take 2 today....what the hell.

It would be nice, but sweeping a doubleheader is always hard. Losing the first game hurts, because the Sox can't win the series unless they do sweep today.  Split the DH and split the series is probably our best hope.

3 minutes ago, SouthSideRock said:

Will winning both today even make people feel any better?

While I in no way expect they Sox will win both, if anyone wants a tad of good vibes this am, we could - somehow - be just 4 GB before we go to bed tonight. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

While I in no way expect they Sox will win both, if anyone wants a tad of good vibes this am, we could - somehow - be just 4 GB before we go to bed tonight. 

It's insane how bad this division is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthSideRock said:

Will winning both today even make people feel any better?

They’re currently 3 games under .500. They’ve been back to .500 repeatedly this year but can’t get past it enough to stay. People were talking about them needing to go 6-2 or 7-1 on this road trip to legitimately zoom past Cleveland and actually be in this race. 

A sweep today gets “that’s a start” as a response.

41 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Which game will have the punt lineup? 

33 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Both?

I could definitely see both being punty lineups.  Everyone is getting at least 1 start.  My guess at both:

GM 1: Moncada 3B, Pollock LF,  Robert CF, Abreu 1B, Sheets, RF, Eloy DH, Leury SS, Harrison 2B, McGuire C (BN: TA, Engel, AV & Zavala)

GM 2: TA SS, AV 1B, Abreu DH, Eloy LF, Pollock RF, Engel CF, Leury 2B, Harrison 3B, Zavala C (BN: Moncada, Sheets, Robert & McGuire)

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I could definitely see both being punty lineups.  Everyone is getting at least 1 start.  My guess at both:

GM 1: Moncada 3B, Pollock LF,  Robert CF, Abreu 1B, Sheets, RF, Eloy DH, Leury SS, Harrison 2B, McGuire C (BN: TA, Engel, AV & Zavala)

GM 2: TA SS, AV 1B, Abreu DH, Eloy LF, Pollock RF, Engel CF, Leury 2B, Harrison 3B, Zavala C (BN: Moncada, Sheets, Robert & McGuire)

Game 1 lineup:

TA SS, Moncada 3B, AV DH, Abreu 1B, Eloy LF, Sheets RF, Engel CF, Harrison 2B, Reese C

So Robert gets his off game in the early one instead of TA.  

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

They could also be 7 games out before we hit the sack tonight.  I have no idea why I mention this. The team brings out my negative side.  Sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

They could also be 7 games out before we hit the sack tonight.  I have no idea why I mention this. The team brings out my negative side.  Sorry.

Yes.  Yes they could.  Today is very important if they actually wanna remain sorta kinda in the hunt.  

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

Do we think sox score >4 runs in either game today? I say no.

I'll guess they score more than 4 runs in one of the games and lose that game....and score less than 4 runs in the other game and win that game....because that's just how unpredictable these clowns are (unless I actually predicted it, then they are quite predictable I guess).

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Color me utterly shocked Leury isn't playing both.  Odds he leads off game 2??

Well TLR already said that TA is either sitting 1 game of the DH, or sitting tomorrow.  So with no Leury this am, I'd say its a near certainty Leury is at SS this evening.  Which is TA was going to play 1 game today (which is stupid), you think you'd let him face the LHP.  But nah. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

Davis Martin is trying his best to stick as an MLB starter, im sure its stressful. I bet he was so happy when he got called back up for this double header, however I wonder what his thoughts were when he saw the lineup card and realized there are 2 DHs playing at the corner outfields.