7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Lol, thanks. It's becoming harder and harder even for me to find or say positive things about this team and this season. Since the overwhelming majority on here are deservingly right about the state of utterly miserable state of affairs with White Sox baseball in 2022 there ain't much to be positive about but I'm not throwing the towel in just yet. Perhaps in a couple of weeks I'll be joining the negativity club.

The crazy thing is - they're somehow still not buried.  If a flip switched, or if they fired the manager and hitting coach and the team quickly started to play with more fire and worked on a different offensive approach, they could make it interesting.  SHit they could make it interesting yet this week with a winning streak.  Problem is, team hasn't shown an ability to sting together hits, much less wins, really all season.  Just hard to imagine the flip getting switched at this point.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

The crazy thing is - they're somehow still not buried.  If a flip switched, or if they fired the manager and hitting coach and the team quickly started to play with more fire and worked on a different offensive approach, they could make it interesting.  SHit they could make it interesting yet this week with a winning streak.  Problem is, team hasn't shown an ability to sting together hits, much less wins, really all season.  Just hard to imagine the flip getting switched at this point.

Completely agree!!!

This is exactly why I don't think you will see any changes made. They aren't out of it, and the schedule is hardly daunting coming out of the break.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And if I picked the right numbers I would win the lottery every week.

Just now, T R U said:

This is exactly why I don't think you will see any changes made. They aren't out of it, and the schedule is hardly daunting coming out of the break.

And the Twins get the Brewers, which has never been an easy matchup for them in recent years, either.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Every year, there are teams that just disappoint.  This White Sox team just seems to be a .500 club at best this season.  They could turn it around but have really given no indication that they will.  They play a nice series against the Giants then come home and play like crap.  They come back multiple times against Minnesota to take that game 3 and then get no momentum whatsoever from what should have been a great win.  They are just so frustrating.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

That is precisely the reason why you make a change in the dugout now.  Its already probably too late and it should have been done in May. But now is better than November. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

I can see that viewpoint if the season is trash but there still is a lot of baseball to be played. I'm not saying the White Sox will all of a sudden turn the light switch on and go on a big run to make the playoffs but it is still possible, not probable of course but at least it is possible.

If something were to change but nothing will change.  This is how this team has played since the middle of last season and why the 2020 and 2021 playoffs ended the way they did.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Every year, there are teams that just disappoint.  This White Sox team just seems to be a .500 club at best this season.  They could turn it around but have really given no indication that they will.  They play a nice series against the Giants then come home and play like crap.  They come back multiple times against Minnesota to take that game 3 and then get no momentum whatsoever from what should have been a great win.  They are just so frustrating.

This is who they are. Outside of a hot first half against a weak schedule, and a 2020 season that saw them playing the ALC and NLC only for 60 games, they've been a .500 team more or less. 

• Like 1

That is precisely the reason why you make a change in the dugout now.  Its already probably too late and it should have been done in May. But now is better than November. 

Well yeah, you and I know that and we would do that. Unfortunately, the guy who makes that decision will not do that.

But it hasn't been done yet so doing it now looks like they have no clue, which they don't but won't admit it.

It was a bad hire day 1 that they are going down with it because winning is not important. 

• Like 1

I guess that's one way to save the bullpen for game 2 - only have to pitch 8 innings in game 1.

All that aside, good job by Martin, all things considered. Just sucks that this offense is absolute dogshit.

14 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

TLR ball.  Makes no sense, particularly when he did not IBB Ramirez with men on second and third in a 1-0 game.

He wanted to see if Martin could handle the challenge?

Learning experience, etc.

Sets him up to better handle that same situation in 2023.

• Haha 1

Kelly will not be available for game 2 of the DH...or tomorrow....or the series against the Twins.

No inside information....the above is more of a wish than any actual knowledge on my part.

13 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

I can see that viewpoint if the season is trash but there still is a lot of baseball to be played. I'm not saying the White Sox will all of a sudden turn the light switch on and go on a big run to make the playoffs but it is still possible, not probable of course but at least it is possible.

Unfortunately the guy I think the Sox can really use is Ian Happ. He play's every day, switch hitter decent OF though he rarely plays RF. Hits both RHP and LHP. Unfortunately he's at peak value and the Cubs signed through next year. Will be interesting to see who the Cubs get for him and who he goes to. Yanks ? Padres ?

Would the Cubs take Eloy back for him ?