7/17 Sox @ Twins - Last Chance to Earn My Love Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Give Kopech all that extra time off.

Until at least the Tuesday after the break.

Then picks up an extra day of rest Thursday as well.

Of course that means more Lance Lynn.

yuck-gross.gif

• Haha 1

Ok, I’ll admit, l gave up on this team a couple of weeks ago and left them for dead. Don’t get me wrong about what I’m about to say. Yes, they’ve played great baseball with the last 2 against Cleveland and these 4 against the Twins. I’m very happy for the team   
The odds of them winning the division has improved. Does it mean they will win? Not yet. Remember TLR is still the manager, we still haven’t proven that we can beat the Astros, Yankees , TB etc.  Not saying they won’t in the 2nd half. Considering where they were 2 weeks ago, this is good. Even doing it without Robert and Jimenez. 

this series to date was the most important of the season by far, BUT the 4 gamer after the break in Cleveland is just as important if not more important. W3 cannot lose 3 out of 4 because this would put us back to where we were. We need to take 3 because we need to win at home!! 

Lynne worries me the most right now . Vaughn is developing into the player we thought and hoped he would, 1st is s3cure now for the Next 10 years. Sheets is improving  also and will be a force as a DH and a 1st baseman down the road when Vaughn needs a break and DH’s after Abreu retires in a few years  

Lopez Is developing into a great multi inning reliever to keep the Sox in a game before we get to Graveman/Hendriks. Who knows even Kelly May waked up  

Will still have a terrible coaching staff but great HEALTHY talent can overcome it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How much does 1 WAR cost in the open market these days? Because he’ll do at least that.

He’s 35 years old, is projected for 1.3 fWAR this year, and put up a total of 1.7 wins from 2018 to 2021.  Very possible he falls off a cliff next year and we don’t need another pricey UT guy when we’re stuck with Leury for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Ok, I’ll admit, l gave up on this team a couple of weeks ago and left them for dead. Don’t get me wrong about what I’m about to say. Yes, they’ve played great baseball with the last 2 against Cleveland and these 4 against the Twins. I’m very happy for the team   
The odds of them winning the division has improved. Does it mean they will win? Not yet. Remember TLR is still the manager, we still haven’t proven that we can beat the Astros, Yankees , TB etc.  Not saying they won’t in the 2nd half. Considering where they were 2 weeks ago, this is good. Even doing it without Robert and Jimenez. 

this series to date was the most important of the season by far, BUT the 4 gamer after the break in Cleveland is just as important if not more important. W3 cannot lose 3 out of 4 because this would put us back to where we were. We need to take 3 because we need to win at home!! 

Lynne worries me the most right now . Vaughn is developing into the player we thought and hoped he would, 1st is s3cure now for the Next 10 years. Sheets is improving  also and will be a force as a DH and a 1st baseman down the road when Vaughn needs a break and DH’s after Abreu retires in a few years  

Lopez Is developing into a great multi inning reliever to keep the Sox in a game before we get to Graveman/Hendriks. Who knows even Kelly May waked up  

Will still have a terrible coaching staff but great HEALTHY talent can overcome it. 

Sheets and Pollock are weak spots right now.

And Vaughn is only under control for four more years afaik because of when they started his GP clock.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s 35 years old, is projected for 1.3 fWAR this year, and put up a total of 1.7 wins from 2018 to 2021.  Very possible he falls off a cliff next year and we don’t need another pricey UT guy when we’re stuck with Leury for the foreseeable future.

It will cost them an extra $4M to pick up the option. In what world is that pricey? This isn’t the 90s.

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Sheets and Pollock are weak spots right now.

And Vaughn is only under control for four more years afaik because of when they started his GP clock.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/andrew-vaughn-30401/

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I don't dislike the guy, but don't you need to consider sending Sheets down when they activate Grandal?  I mean, no way he catches every day, so I'd like the flexibility of carrying 3 catchers.

I think they carry 3 catchers for a few weeks to see if Grandal can handle catching regularly, but if he can, then McGuire is gone by the trade deadline.