GT 8/2: You'll get nothing and like it

53 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And the Sox activate Robert to sit on the bench, again. I've never seen a team in my life activate as many guys off the IL who don't play that day. So odd. So they play a guy short. Again.

That is part of TLR ball.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

17 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I think we tend to forget that JR bought the Sox for $19 million, albeit in 1981.  He has a lot of equity.  Could’nt he monetize some of that equity to improve the team?

$19M 1981 dollars is about $62M in today's dollars.
The White Sox are worth $1.76B - so, yeah, I'd say he's made enough to get a star player or two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomtom said:

I expect the team to have very little energy tonight after the front office showed them they are not all in at the trade deadline.

They rarely play with energy. They play like a 77 year old ballplayer who has little energy.

9 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can we discuss what is of real importance tonight please.

Will Eloy go with the pink or red ensemble tonight? And will Moncada go with the yellow or pink shoes? 

I'm more excited to see if there are are more Steve or Jason fan club shirts in the stands tonight.  On second thought, just let me know instead.  Watching GOTG instead of the game.

2 minutes ago, dohnut said:

$19M 1981 dollars is about $62M in today's dollars.
The White Sox are worth $1.76B - so, yeah, I'd say he's made enough to get a star player or two.

Incoming lecture about cash flow, revenues and monetizing or leveraging value of franchise in a practical way.

24 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I think we tend to forget that JR bought the Sox for $19 million, albeit in 1981.  He has a lot of equity.  Could’nt he monetize some of that equity to improve the team?

What's he supposed to do, get a HELOC?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can we discuss what is of real importance tonight please.

Will Eloy go with the pink or red ensemble tonight? And will Moncada go with the yellow or pink shoes? 

Frank Thomas on the pregame- “this team leads the league in chains and chillin’.”

• Haha 3
  • Fire 2

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

They rarely play with energy. They play like a 77 year old ballplayer who has little energy.

Watch it, I'll be 77 in a few months and I have a lot more on the ball and more energy than that corpse who is managing our team.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

I don’t even know what to say at this point honestly…

Running out Vaughn or Sheets in right field is so deplorable.

”If you’re a White Sox fan and you think we need help in right field then I say you’re not really a fan…” Tony LaRussa.

Ok Buddy.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 2

24 minutes ago, oldsox said:

What's he supposed to do, get a HELOC?

Just so someone says it, there is an entire industry happy to provide tools to turn equity in a business into liquid funds, particularly if it was on an investment that would have a good chance of increasing revenue or business value.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The irony of Vaughn benefiting from someone being played out of position in RF

Nice to see the Sox already benefitting from a deadline deal (of Merrifield out of KC)

• Like 1