GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Definitely want them to lose with Cairo, as I want him nowhere near the manager spot next year.

I need a complete house cleaning this offseason, minimum from Hahn down.   Everyone. 

If they can launch Kenny, I'd be fine also.  But I think he's got a job as long as Reinsdorf lives. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Dylan Cease was trending towards being a reliever who couldn't miss bats before working with Katz. Carlos Rodon was DFA'd and 29 other teams said no thanks. Let's calm down with firing Katz.

I don't think he would be missed.  He just looks more competent compared to the rest of the staff.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Dylan Cease was trending towards being a reliever who couldn't miss bats before working with Katz. Carlos Rodon was DFA'd and 29 other teams said no thanks. Let's calm down with firing Katz.

Rodon also decided to get in shape and pitch for a contract.  As for Cease, he’s done a great job.  I don’t think he’s done a good job at all with Giolito and Kopech.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Rodon also decided to get in shape and pitch for a contract.  As for Cease, he’s done a great job.  I don’t think he’s done a good job at all with Giolito and Kopech.

He's been here 2 years, 1 of them the Sox had arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. He took 2 starters who looked varying degrees of broken and they turned into CY contenders under him. He also did the same with Lucas before he got here, obviously.  It's on Katz to fix Lucas again, turn Kopech into the pitcher we all know he can be, etc. But Katz has clearly been a net positive since joining the organization. Firing him after this year would be insane.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He's been here 2 years, 1 of them the Sox had arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. He took 2 starters who looked very degrees of broken and they turned into CY contenders under him. He also did the same with Lucas before he got here, obviously. Firing him after this year would be insane.

Firing just to fire, I agree. More if they fire him to tear down the whole coaching staff, that I support.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's been here 2 years, 1 of them the Sox had arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. He took 2 starters who looked varying degrees of broken and they turned into CY contenders under him. He also did the same with Lucas before he got here, obviously.  It's on Katz to fix Lucas again, turn Kopech into the pitcher we all know he can be, etc. But Katz has clearly been a net positive since joining the organization. Firing him after this year would be insane.

Yeah, I would prefer Katz stick around under the next manager.