GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

5 hours ago, tray said:

What "garbage stadium"?

Are you old enough to remember the old Comiskey park?  The place was falling apart and there was no money to rebuild it like the millions  i  profits from day traders that Roicketts used.

You can thank the citizens of Chicago for the new Comiskey, not the cheap piece of shit Reinsdorf.... 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

Giolito may have been a product of spider tack. Sucks because I like the guy. :(

look at his baseball savant data it's a huge drop off from even last year. I wonder how much losing the sticky stuff is affecting his grip and that could explain the velocity drop too. 

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's been here 2 years, 1 of them the Sox had arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. He took 2 starters who looked varying degrees of broken and they turned into CY contenders under him. He also did the same with Lucas before he got here, obviously.  It's on Katz to fix Lucas again, turn Kopech into the pitcher we all know he can be, etc. But Katz has clearly been a net positive since joining the organization. Firing him after this year would be insane.

"Firing him after this year would be insane".  Then with this organization it's a done deal!

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Pollock OPS #s since 2017 

2017 .801

2018 .800

2019 .795

2020 .881

2021 .892 

2022 .647

Of course he'd post his worse career year with us when we were trying to win a World Series. 

It’s amazing how we made the terrible Kimbrel trade even worse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Giolito may have been a product of spider tack. Sucks because I like the guy. :(

look at his baseball savant data it's a huge drop off from even last year. I wonder how much losing the sticky stuff is affecting his grip and that could explain the velocity drop too. 

He was still effective and missed a ton of bats after the sticky stuff ban. I really don't think that's it.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The sad thing is, think of how excited we'd be if most of the team performed to expectations with the developments in the minors. 

I hate you do this to me but while the minors have had some guys perform well, it’s still very mediocre.  Lack of anything close to MLB-ready pitching is going to hurt next year.