GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

Just now, fathom said:

I hate you do this to me but while the minors have had some guys perform well, it’s still very mediocre.  Lack of anything close to MLB-ready pitching is going to hurt next year.

I don't disagree, but they've had a lot of guys in the low minors take steps forward this year. But yeah, most of the help is still 2-3 years away. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

He had something ridiculous like a 40% strikeout rate when he went on the covid IL. People hate that excuse, but it's exactly when his production cratered.

Yep, and neither he nor Moncada has been the same since they had covid in-season. Gio had covid in the winter as well IIRC. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Great, we have arguably the two players most impacted by it in the majors

I know, it's just shitty white sox luck. 

I know people don't want to admit it, but long covid is very real. Nobody is immune, not even pro athletes. Can hit anyone at any time if infected. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOl well maybe not . DO you have a list of MLB players who have had Covid and had Covid twice and how they are faring ?

No but I follow baseball closely and haven’t heard of anyone supposedly struggling with it as much as these two guys. 

Stop blaming covid

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No but I follow baseball closely and haven’t heard of anyone supposedly struggling with it as much as these two guys. 

Because no one is, it’s just a lame excuse. 

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He was still effective and missed a ton of bats after the sticky stuff ban. I really don't think that's it.

He just doesn't have a good enough breaking pitch to make up for the loss in velocity on the FB. 

He's basically a FB/Change pitcher.   When he was 94-96, he'd could live this way on 2 pitches.