9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?

ChiSox59

Just now, WBWSF said:

I'm trying to regain pennant/playoff fever but then  I see Martin  the starting pitcher   Friday nights game. I would rather have Lambert starting. Does anybody know when Kopech will come back? 

Eligible middle of next week. 

Rolling gamethread it is…. 

Gray v. Martin. 710CT first pitch. Tough matchup. Boys are gonna need to score early and often. 

Can’t win 10 in a row if you don’t win 3 in a row…call me crazy, but the boys showed some life the last 2 days. Something must have changed…

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, fathom said:

I watched the 2020 playoff highlights today. Two things….Eloy has put on a ton of weight and screw Madrigal for choking in game 2

it's possible that the weight gain came after his long layoff, dude needs to take care of himself in the off season 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rolling gamethread it is…. 

Gray v. Martin. 710CT first pitch. Tough matchup. Boys are gonna need to score early and often. 

Can’t win 10 in a row if you don’t win 3 in a row…call me crazy, but the boys showed some life the last 2 days. Something must have changed…

TLR is in Arizona.

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm trying to regain pennant/playoff fever but then  I see Martin  the starting pitcher   Friday nights game. I would rather have Lambert starting. Does anybody know when Kopech will come back? 

Martin pitching tomorrow is a big downer.  Didn’t he get bombed last start?

I'm still trying to convince myself that Colas will be promoted to Charlotte very soon and if he does well and the Sox can make up a little ground in the Central , have Colas in the Sox lineup by Sept.15 when they play the Guardians and Twins and their many RHP .

Starting Sept. 15 they play the Guardians or Twins 10 of their final 19 games with 6 games with the Tigers and 3 with the Padres.

Sox have to make some hay now against the Twins.

I really hate facing Twins and Indians because they can throw so many LHH against the Sox RHP while the Sox cannot do the same to them.

The main guy I wanted at the trade deadline, Ian Happ, had a really good August .275. 319 .532  .851.  . Those numbers would've came in real handy on the Sox in August and in upcoming games against the Twins and Indians for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

More hope that Colas will be going to Charlotte with Haseley and Payton ( if true) on the Sox. No reason not to promote Colas when Rutherford, Adolfo, Payton and Rutherford  are likely guys not even to be in the Sox system next year.

I really highly doubt we see Colas until late April 23. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That's possible too, even likely, but if you or any other fans still wants the Sox to win the Central they need another LHH , good defense OF'er and he is both, regardless of how he might perform after a long season and facing the good pitching of Cleveland.

I think Colas might perform best when he feels as if his talent is needed and appreciated.

14 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Key word there is "trick"

No team will a functioning GM is giving up quality for a slow, bad defender who's super streaky at the plate & plays 80 games a season if he's lucky

If only we could trade him to the White Sox.  Hahn would bite.

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

More hope that Colas will be going to Charlotte with Haseley and Payton ( if true) on the Sox. No reason not to promote Colas when Rutherford, Adolfo, Payton and Rutherford  are likely guys not even to be in the Sox system next year.

Cutting Rutherford twice rather than being angry at the GM who traded for him seems a bit vindictive.

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm still trying to convince myself that Colas will be promoted to Charlotte very soon and if he does well and the Sox can make up a little ground in the Central , have Colas in the Sox lineup by Sept.15 when they play the Guardians and Twins and their many RHP .

Starting Sept. 15 they play the Guardians or Twins 10 of their final 19 games with 6 games with the Tigers and 3 with the Padres.

Sox have to make some hay now against the Twins.

I really hate facing Twins and Indians because they can throw so many LHH against the Sox RHP while the Sox cannot do the same to them.

The main guy I wanted at the trade deadline, Ian Happ, had a really good August .275. 319 .532  .851.  . Those numbers would've came in real handy on the Sox in August and in upcoming games against the Twins and Indians for the rest of the season.

Would love to see Colas after the next injury.

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

It would make perfect sense for the White Sox to call up Colas, he tears it up and we win the division, and then he cant play in the playoffs.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Your best case scenario only means massive changes in your head as if this season or how Hahn, Menechino and TLR have already fucked things up hasn't mattered so fucking up  even more should matter ?

Losers want to lose. The players on the field want to win. I'm amazed that so many want to lose yet I never see anyone cheering the bad play in the game threads.

I'd rather hope for many good things to happen on the field like everyone staying healthy and playing well. I'd love to see Romy Gonzalez look great, Eloy continue his health and good hitting, more Gavin , Abreu, and Vaughn bombs. I want to see Moncada finish like he remembers how to hit and Gio how to pitch.

I want Cease's last starts to be so good he wins the Cy Young. I want Cueto to finish strong. I want everyone who looks like dead money to up their trade value.

I think you are being naïve if you think a horrible finish and several games under 500 won't bring enough pressure on Jerry to make changes. Not all owners make changes during the season and obviously with only 31 games left, Jerry will ride this out before making any changes. If change doesn't happen, then we as loyal die-hard Sox fans are f#*ked!

Of course we all want these players like Cease, Sheets. Gonzalez, etc. to finish strong. However this team has struggled all year for various reasons, whether it was poor starting pitching, blown saves with our erratic bullpen, poor defensive plays, poor hitting and just basic dumb fundamental baseball. So all of sudden after 131 games, these struggling players are going to turn it around and finish with huge numbers. We've been waiting for this all year! If you think the Sox will be the Yankees, Astros or Dodgers for the last 31 games, then you are the one dreaming. We've already seen some media sources heavily criticize this team and by the end of the season, it will only be fueled more intensely.

If this team does indeed finish that bad and there aren't changes, where Hahn and TLR are allowed to continue destroying this team, then we all have a huge problem to deal with as Sox fans going forward. 

With obviously some talent still left on this team, do you really want players like Giolito, Cease, Vaughn, Sheets, Robert etc. to continue to be coached and developed by TLR and his coaches? Throwing these bums out to run this club for a third year in a row and thinking they will figure it out and turn these guys around...is the pure definition of insanity. These players need change badly if they are ever going to reach their potential. 

We should all pray for change so that we could hopefully get a Terry Francona or Brandon Hyde type manager. The Orioles are 30th and the Guardians 26th in team payroll. The Orioles manager Brandon Hyde has the Orioles 9 games over 500 in the toughest division in baseball, with the lowest payroll at 44 million to the Sox 197 million. I would call that coaching! The unbelievable results these two mangers do with players making so little money, just makes me believe there are more out there like them...if the right GM was on board. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I think you are being naïve if you think a horrible finish and several games under 500 won't bring enough pressure on Jerry to make changes. Not all owners make changes during the season and obviously with only 31 games left, Jerry will ride this out before making any changes. If change doesn't happen, then we as loyal die-hard Sox fans are f#*ked!

Of course we all want these players like Cease, Sheets. Gonzalez, etc. to finish strong. However this team has struggled all year for various reasons, whether it was poor starting pitching, blown saves with our erratic bullpen, poor defensive plays, poor hitting and just basic dumb fundamental baseball. So all of sudden after 131 games, these struggling players are going to turn it around and finish with huge numbers. We've been waiting for this all year! If you think the Sox will be the Yankees, Astros or Dodgers for the last 31 games, then you are the one dreaming. We've already seen some media sources heavily criticize this team and by the end of the season, it will only be fueled more intensely.

If this team does indeed finish that bad and there aren't changes, where Hahn and TLR are allowed to continue destroying this team, then we all have a huge problem to deal with as Sox fans going forward. 

With obviously some talent still left on this team, do you really want players like Giolito, Cease, Vaughn, Sheets, Robert etc. to continue to be coached and developed by TLR and his coaches? Throwing these bums out to run this club for a third year in a row and thinking they will figure it out and turn these guys around...is the pure definition of insanity. These players need change badly if they are ever going to reach their potential. 

We should all pray for change so that we could hopefully get a Terry Francona or Brandon Hyde type manager. The Orioles are 30th and the Guardians 26th in team payroll. The Orioles manager Brandon Hyde has the Orioles 9 games over 500 in the toughest division in baseball, with the lowest payroll at 44 million to the Sox 197 million. I would call that coaching! The unbelievable results these two mangers do with players making so little money, just makes me believe there are more out there like them...if the right GM was on board. 

Like I always say:

If your gonads dream, dream big.