9/5 Sox @ Mariners GT, 5:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

Nice solid win for the Sox but how concerning is it that Hendriks seem to be giving up a run every time he pitches?

And it's a small sample size but if Andrus keeps this up, I'd like to see the Sox try to re-sign him and lose Harrison and Garcia.  Perhaps he could play second next year?  

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Sox make it more difficult by not adding any runs to early leads.  Grandal hitting 5 th has hurt us today.  He should be hitting lower in the order IMO.

Grandal should only catch Lynn and Cueto at this point, and not DH on off days. Agree he should drop as well in the order.

Zavala 153 ABs 0.9 bWAR

Grandal  264 ABs -0.7 bWAR

Wish Hahn would have kept McGwire as well, far more valuable than Diekman.

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

And saves..... That's #30 on the year 

At least he wasn't hit hard tonight.  Still scares me worse than Colome did, but does it faster.  Just about a month ago he faced four batters, all of whom hit the ball hard and walked off with a save, despite two wild pitches.

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Nice solid win for the Sox but how concerning is it that Hendriks seem to be giving up a run every time he pitches?

And it's a small sample size but if Andrus keeps this up, I'd like to see the Sox try to re-sign him and lose Harrison and Garcia.  Perhaps he could play second next year?  

Or third base or maybe stay at short and trade Anderson for a legit right fielder who can hit and hit with power.

Edited by The Mighty Mite