9/6 Sox @ Mariners GT, 8:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Pollock vs LHP: 176 wRC+ .984 OPS

Pollock vs RHP: 65 wRC+ .578 OPS

Continue putting players in position to fail, and these are the outcomes you deserve to get

I'm not a fan of getting NL guys who haven't faced AL pitchers.  It's a fail for the Sox.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I agree with you but it's insane he went up there not expecting to get spammed with sliders.

"A guy who throws 60+% sliders won't throw me a slider...no way". He said as he took the 2nd slider for a strike. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

They’re going to end up losing a game due to a ball getting away that a 5 year old could knock down 

Well that's assuming they can even score one run to win the game. It sure as hell doesn't look like it. 

Just now, kitekrazy said:

I wonder if they were on a different team with the same situation would the coaching make improvements on their fielding.  

Doubt it. Other competent teams wouldn't try this hard to make those 2 guys outfielders. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Yup I wouldn't have been that mad had he popped that up honestly, knowing who's on deck.

I am sure in an alternate dimension - many of our posters are swearing at Sheets for swinging 3-0 and getting out while in some other much happier universe, some of us are high fiving each other for that 2 run bomb he hit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I am sure in an alternate dimension - many of our posters are swearing at Sheets for swinging 3-0 and getting out while in some other much happier universe, some of us are high fiving each other for that 2 run bomb he hit. 

I think we all knew he was gonna get a fastball to hit there. He didn't see another pitch in the zone the rest of the AB. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

What is ReyLo's contract situation next year?  He really has become a very good reliever (regardless of what happens here).  

I guess he wants to be a starter.  It's hard to convince any pitcher they can be a stud middle man. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Doubt it. Other competent teams wouldn't try this hard to make those 2 guys outfielders. 

Truer words have never been spoken.  Hahn has ignored defense throughout the rebuild.  It was fine when it was early on - but overtime it became completely inexcusable and was really just a sign from someone who really couldn't put together the right top to bottom roster.  Yes - some of these guys have talent - but you also have to optimize the entire roster and build out a complete roster - they never did it.  Rick never did it.  

He consistently prioritized other things for reasons I won't pretend to know or just spend assinine amounts of cumulative money on role players when it could have went to difference makers.